By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

Farsala said:
Machina said:

OK, finally finished tweaking my top 50.

Some clues for my 50-48, which are all racing titles:

50 - Second entry in the biggest sim racing franchise in gaming.
49 - Another racing game, but more futuristic, and released on a handheld.
48 - The follow-up to #49.

Maybe 49 is Wipeout Pure and 48 is Wipeout Pulse.

Yep, both correct!



Around the Network
TheWalrusCaesar said:

Alright let me give a shot at this

#50 - An animated movie tie-in game I adored as a young kid at around 7-8yrs old. Has a surprisingly good sandbox mode hidden in it

Something Pixar related?



Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

Child of Light is correct! One of the newcomers to my list this year.

Last year’s winner, you guessed nine of my games last year, takes the lead again.

Oh, didn't knew anymore that I was in the lead for guesses to your games. But nice to know I start defending my title.

And Child of Light is a great game. It is nice to kknow others enjoy it as well.

Yeah, I played it when it came out on WiiU. For a couple of years I thought about including it in the list, but never did, but this year I finally figured why not. I liked that game, to my own surprise a lot more that I thought I would. Loved the story, the combat system and especially the soundtrack and graphics, which were both absolutely gorgeous.



S.Peelman said:

Okay, maybe it's indeed better to name a couple for some more guessing time per game. I'll do five, and swap in new ones when one's guessed or has to be revealed. So here's five games;

#50: This game as rushed to release, which sadly caused much planned content to be cut or left unfinished, especially near the end-game. Fans however, made many mods, which restored much of this content.
#49: A black-box game of a sport that has the wrong name in Europe.
#48: You actually want to shoot the character you can't shoot.
#47: It looks like you stranded on a lovely island, if it weren't for that bird.
#46: After you seemingly died in your sleep, you find that you can return to your own world through a mirror after first finding the sun, moon and the stars.

#49 Soccer on NES is the only one that comes to mind

#48 Duckhunt



So just to be clear, I update my op in the main thread everytime I play eligible games and my rankings change?

I assume that means none of the data will be compiled until after the last date, so the host of this isn't constantly making massive changes to the aggregate list?



Around the Network

Hints

#50 - Blue haired protagonist, girl with wings and a tiger are some of the party members.

#49 - The fist half of the game is played from the POV of 3 different characters. After that you have to chose one of them to continue the story.

#48 - Part of Disc 2 is like a visual novel due to lack of development time.

#47 Suplex a train.

#46 The cartridge is transparent.



I have a list of 50 games but I know I'll think of games I forgot about and should have included.

Also I tried to not repeat the same series repeatedly. I.E more Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and Ratchet & Clank games would easily make my top 50 but I limited myself to not spamming the same series in my list.



Gamerscore:20,000  -  Trophies:3,800 -  Nintendo Awards: -1

My Xbox Series S is my baby. It grew up into an X.

Hiku said:

Hints

#50 - Blue haired protagonist, girl with wings and a tiger are some of the party members.

#49 - The fist half of the game is played from the POV of 3 different characters. After that you have to chose one of them to continue the story.

#48 - Part of Disc 2 is like a visual novel due to lack of development time.

#47 Suplex a train.

#46 The cartridge is transparent.

#50 - Kingdom Heats? Only played the first one, but I know there's a blue haired chick... tinkerbell?, tigger? lol.

#47 Suplex a train. - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.



Gamerscore:20,000  -  Trophies:3,800 -  Nintendo Awards: -1

My Xbox Series S is my baby. It grew up into an X.

Dulfite said:

So just to be clear, I update my op in the main thread everytime I play eligible games and my rankings change?

I assume that means none of the data will be compiled until after the last date, so the host of this isn't constantly making massive changes to the aggregate list?

You ready your list of 50 games and send them privately to the mzuzek. You update your post in the official thread each day to reveal one game of your list.

Zippy6 said:

I have a list of 50 games but I know I'll think of games I forgot about and should have included.

Also I tried to not repeat the same series repeatedly. I.E more Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and Ratchet & Clank games would easily make my top 50 but I limited myself to not spamming the same series in my list.

Yeah, if I forgot about a game, I may include it next year. I also try to minimize games from the same franchise, but sometimes two games I feel need to be included as each of them is great.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Hints:

#50 - 69% chance to hit target! What could go wrong? Permanent death probably.

#49 - Very fast with lots of pixels! A highly definitive racer that defies physics.

#48 - In an alternate reality this game is about a red panda putting his rightful belongings into a safe.

#47 - What do you mean she's asexual and I can't romance her? How am I supposed to enjoy my time on these worlds now? Other than shoot things.

#46 - 3rd times the charm, or is it the 4th? Either way there's baddies in this city to punch and this time I brought my car. Many people wish I didn't but I did so shut up and just drive.



Gamerscore:20,000  -  Trophies:3,800 -  Nintendo Awards: -1

My Xbox Series S is my baby. It grew up into an X.