By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play - Oct 27 (3rd party updates + a few reveals; 20 mins)

Tagged games:

DonFerrari said:

This one could have been named SoI, State of Indies. Expected nothing of it and well wasn`t dissapointed in guessing right kkkk

I agree there. I was hoping for one or two AAA titles. But yes it was mainly all indie, other than Star Ocean.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
trunkswd said:

What platforms can I play them on? 

I believe the first one is on Switch and PS4. Second Story is on PS4 as a PS1 game I think.

If I remember once I get through my backlog I will check out the first one on Switch.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Well I will keep an eye on Star Ocean Xenoblade X as I love a good Sci-Fi RPG. Hope it's good. Even if just mediocre I will still play it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Well that was complete and utter garbage.

I expected nothing, so Star Ocean was a nice surprise.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

Well Star Ocean definitely saved that from being a complete waste of my time. Basically an indie showcase.

Yeah it was laughably bad, aside from that. I'd rather just have SE announce that instead whatever that SOP was xP

Imaginedvl said:
Leynos said:

Play 1-2. Only good games in the series. It's been pretty bad since 3 and kept getting worse. 4 was bad. 5 was attrocious. They were technically super nice but that's about it. Hold off for reviews.

For me it was probably the opposite then :) The one on 360, Last Hope I think, I really liked it. Story was nice, combat system was okayish but for some reason I really stuck to it and like it. The one they showed looks a lot like it, so for me it is a good thing hehe

I can tolerate bad English voice acting in JRPGs but that game was hard to take. Some scenes just made that game insufferable. I know 360 had limited disc space so not upset at multiple discs. Blue Dragon and LO had to as well but they like old PS1 games let you know you are about to end disc 1. As I remember SO4 you would be walking then suddenly out of nowhere put in the other disc. I hear the international version is better on PS3 but eh better series have come out since as Sci Fi JRPGs.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I quite liked Star Ocean 3. It was Star Ocean 4 that for the most part made me feel like I wasted my time.
Star Ocean 6 doesn't look appealing at first glance, but I'll check out more trailers/reviews and see.

I'll be checking out the KOF 15 Beta. Glad to see Chizuru is one of the 8 playable characters.

And I'll try out that First Class Trouble game only because it's free on PS+, like Fall Guys was. May be a fun party game. Looks like an Among Us type of game.

This had to be the shittiest selection of games they could put together, nothing would be better than this. Expected nothing but holy shit.

the irrational hate in here is delicious lol

show was alright. watched it during breakfast. I'm surprised the Spiderman DLC for Avengers wasn't shown... maybe it isn't as ready as expected. Otherwise lowkey selection, but nothing offensively bad imo.