By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign Up Thread

mZuzek said:
Machina said:

'• Remakes, remasters, definitive editions, or anything of the sort should also not be listed separately from their original release.
       • However, certain remakes that differ from the original considerably are allowed. This includes, for example, the Resident Evil remakes and the Metroid remakes. This works on a game-by-game basis - if you're unsure about a specific title, ask me!'

@mZuzek How do you want me to list Diablo II Resurrected? Separately or as one with the original Diablo II?

Hmm, I'm out of the loop on that one but assumed it was only a remaster, does it change a lot from the original? The criteria has been to list mostly every remake/remaster alongside the original unless they deviate very significantly. But, I haven't played every game and their remasters, so it can get pretty arbitrary sometimes.

The remakes that are getting listed separately are the likes of Final Fantasy VII Remake or the Metroid/RE remakes as mentioned before, whereas some remakes that change a good bit but are still listed alongside the originals are the Pokémon remakes or Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. There's probably better examples though, I'm just picking them off the top of my head.

It is likely that I add Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition to my list.

While it is essentially the same game at heart, there have been substantial changes since the Original. From doubling the civ count, to adding annoying mechanics.

I assume it will count as the original.

Around the Network

Sign me up.
I always look forward to this.
Let's do it again!

Yes please!! Thanks for the tag - count me in

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Seems I need to step up spamming notifications. So more past participants that haven't showed up yet: @uran10 @Proxy-Pie @QUAKECore89 @WoodenPints @Slimebeast @brendude13 @Chrkeller @KLXVER @Kyuu @PhantomLink 

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

We still have like 2 weeks before this starts, sooooo....

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Machina said:
mZuzek said:

Hmm, I'm out of the loop on that one but assumed it was only a remaster, does it change a lot from the original? The criteria has been to list mostly every remake/remaster alongside the original unless they deviate very significantly. But, I haven't played every game and their remasters, so it can get pretty arbitrary sometimes.

The remakes that are getting listed separately are the likes of Final Fantasy VII Remake or the Metroid/RE remakes as mentioned before, whereas some remakes that change a good bit but are still listed alongside the originals are the Pokémon remakes or Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. There's probably better examples though, I'm just picking them off the top of my head.

Combining them is fine by me - makes it easier for me to rank. Not sure where I'd place D2R on its own.

above or below the WC3R?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Machina said:
kirby007 said:

above or below the WC3R?

Heh ;)

I could never get into WarCraft III, so Reforged was never on my radar. Resurrected is definitely a more thoughtful and attractive remaster than that though, albeit one currently plagued by server issues. I'm really bloody glad Vicarious Visions did the remaster itself and not Blizzard proper.

fun fact: Somehow D2R launch fucked with WC3R since people suddenly cant invite friends into custom games anymore.
outside of this and the horrible reviews im satisfied with the reforged/resurrected products, people like to complain but the OG games in 4k didn't age well

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I'll post my list, eventually. Before the end.

mZuzek said:
green_sky said:

I'll post my list, eventually. Before the end.

Is that the end of the year?

The end of the world.

Sign me up!