By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign Up Thread

Jaicee said:
Supermario28 said:

Count me in!

1 Super Mario
2 Super Marios

27 Super Marios
28 Super Marios

I'll try to live up to my name!

Around the Network
Yassgragra said:

What are the rules?

step 1: sign up by posting here
step 2: rank your 50 most loved games of all time
step 3: send the list to mzuzek via private message
step 4 (optional): starting on the 12th of November post each day one game from your list in the official thread, starting with #50 up to #1 on December 31st.

Then enjoy the combined list of all users that mZuzek will probably compile in seconds after the completion of the year.

BTW, for step 4: people seem to worry, that they miss a day or so because they have to do. We do that all the time in the past years, it is no biggie, just post multiple games later to catch up.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Will try this year =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'm in, should be easier the 2nd time

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Mnementh said:

Time for some good oldfashioned summons of previous participants: @Raven @GoOnKid @KiigelHeart @LimaBean01 @OTBWY @Hynad @FarleyMcFirefly @Pajderman @rapsuperstar31 @Runa216 

Why haven't you signed up yet?

Nothing has really changed for me. The last entrants to my list are Breath of the Wild, Red Dead Redemption II, and Smash Bros. Ultimate. I still wish I could do collections and groups (there are a lot of ties/groups/sets that take up singular spots. 

Actually, hold up. Turns out I have a few more Modifications to my list. Bloodborne has gone up a few slots, and I've added Demon's Souls/Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart to my list. so I guess we're gonna see. That said: 

Final Fantasy - 8 games on the list (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12)

Super Mario - 3/5 games on the list (3, World, and Yoshi's Island, Super Mario RPG, Mario Kart 8)

Souls - 3/5 game son the list depending on how you count (Demon's, 1/Remastered, III, Bloodborne, Sekiro)

Donkey Kong Country - 4 games on the list (the SNES Trilogy and Tropical Freeze)

Mega Man - 4 games on the list (SNES X-Trilogy and Mega Man 2)

The Legend of Zelda - 3 games on the list (Link to the Past, Breath of the wild, Wind Waker)

My list of 50 games has 13 SNES Games, making it my most represented system. However, the modern systems of PS4 and Switch have a weird caveat in that only a handful of games came out exclusively or primarily on them, but a LOT of my old faves were rereleased on these systems. like, I can play every mega man game on Switch and PS4, but I don't count 'Legacy collection' on here. That said, Switch and PS4 are my next best. PS5, too, if you count Backwards Compatibility, since Demon's Souls Remake and Ratchet & Clank are on there as well. 

Last edited by Runa216 - on 25 October 2021

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Yassgragra said:

What are the rules?

Have Ocarina of Time at #1.

----

Oh cr*p! I spoilered my #1!

Runa216 said:
Mnementh said:

Time for some good oldfashioned summons of previous participants: @Raven @GoOnKid @KiigelHeart @LimaBean01 @OTBWY @Hynad @FarleyMcFirefly @Pajderman @rapsuperstar31 @Runa216 

Why haven't you signed up yet?

Nothing has really changed for me. The last entrants to my list are Breath of the Wild, Red Dead Redemption II, and Smash Bros. Ultimate. I still wish I could do collections and groups (there are a lot of ties/groups/sets that take up singular spots. 

Actually, hold up. Turns out I have a few more Modifications to my list. Bloodborne has gone up a few slots, and I've added Demon's Souls/Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart to my list. so I guess we're gonna see. That said: 

Final Fantasy - 8 games on the list (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12)

Super Mario - 3/5 games on the list (3, World, and Yoshi's Island, Super Mario RPG, Mario Kart 8)

Souls - 3/5 game son the list depending on how you count (Demon's, 1/Remastered, III, Bloodborne, Sekiro)

Donkey Kong Country - 4 games on the list (the SNES Trilogy and Tropical Freeze)

Mega Man - 4 games on the list (SNES X-Trilogy and Mega Man 2)

The Legend of Zelda - 3 games on the list (Link to the Past, Breath of the wild, Wind Waker)

My list of 50 games has 13 SNES Games, making it my most represented system. However, the modern systems of PS4 and Switch have a weird caveat in that only a handful of games came out exclusively or primarily on them, but a LOT of my old faves were rereleased on these systems. like, I can play every mega man game on Switch and PS4, but I don't count 'Legacy collection' on here. That said, Switch and PS4 are my next best. PS5, too, if you count Backwards Compatibility, since Demon's Souls Remake and Ratchet & Clank are on there as well. 

Does that mean you are in?

And yes, I don't own a PS4, but the Switch is also for me a system I replay a lot of my old favorites like Baldur's Gate or Katamari Damacy. It is nice to have these old games available on a modern system with upscaled graphics and a connection to a modern TV.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Can we get a simplified and short explanation of how the point system is gonna work this time around? I remember last year there was a proposal to change it, but Im unsure how it panned out, and some of the results were a bit... surprising.

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 25 October 2021

mZuzek said:
Jpcc86 said:

Can we get a simplified and short explanation of how the point system is gonna work this time around? I remember last year there was a proposal to change it, but Im unsure how it panned out, and some of the results were a bit... surprising.

It's remained largely the same as ever. A game gets #1 on a list, it gets 1 point, #2, 2 points and so on. The less points the better. After all the discussion last year, I ended up keeping the same format with only one minor change, which is reducing the amount of points of a game that didn't make a list from 60 to... less than 60. Don't remember if it was 55 or 52 or something, not sure if I'll keep it that way or not, but the effect that had on the results wasn't much.

Copy that. Very clear and simple. Good day. 

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

Have Ocarina of Time at #1.

This is not a rule actually, but, I'll consider adding it in the future.

Would easily be the best rule.