By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign Up Thread

mZuzek said:

Sorry, but as per the rules, I will only try to get back to you ASAP if you mention me, which you didn't. You don't need to worry about my raccoonness (that's a lot of double letters!) though, it'll be back in the future. It's my true form, after all. For the time being, what I can say is: I like Paddington a lot. He's very cute.

As for the systems question, really, it's up to you at that point. When it comes to backwards compatibility, normally I'd list the game's original platform, but those lines only get blurrier with each generation. I suppose for the final rankings it'd make it more consistent if you listed the original platform (or both), so, there is that.

Also, I care about your list.

And you.

Well thanks so much!! And ditto.

Except you did get back to me right away.

Double letters: That was thee idea.

Paddington is cute. I can think of better uses for marmalade though. EDIT 1: You say that you're Paddington, but your profile says your height is 0'0. Something doesn't add up. Do you really exist?

Anyway, so what I'll do is list the PlayStation 5 and Series X versions of Death Stranding and Hellblade since I'm referring to dedicated Series X / PS5 versions of those games (the Death Stranding "Director's Cut", for instance), but for both TLOU games, for example, I'll just list PlayStation 4 since there's no actual dedicated PS5 version of either. Think I'm done with the list now and plan on sending it to ya shortly. EDIT 2: Has been sent!

Last edited by Jaicee - on 24 October 2021

Around the Network
TheWalrusCaesar said:

1. 1.2867333e+19

2. 2.83828264588

3. Well unfortunately its the AM now so its just 027 i think

i got rly bored

You know, somehow I knew somebody would actually solve the math problems.

Mnementh said:

Sakuna I have to try one of these days. I only fear, it is another of these games I lose weeks over.

Hades is a nice game, only it is not a genre I like. I like the aestethics, the game is well structured and it uses greek mythology, which I totally love. So I can see it's being a great game, yet not for me, as I am not good at fast paced stuff like that. Still I liked to play it for a while.

Luckily for me, a lot of new strategy games, some even turn-based bring me enjoyment. My list isn't fixed yet, but I assume King's Bounty II will worm it's way there, maybe even Phoenix Point, which I now played. Also I played now A Short Hike, and this will sure as hell make my list.

A Sakuna playthrough takes around 30 hours and it sure can be pretty addicting, so yeah, that is a risk!

And yeah, A Short Hike is a highly underrated game that's just perfect for the summer especially. Or for making it feel like it's summer out, whichever. Really simple yet really fun, funny, and good, apt message for today's world. It'll again rank in well on my list too.

Also, have found a way to include Deathloop on this year's list. I had to eliminate a game I didn't want to (Return of the Obra Dinn), but the more I've thought about it, the more I think it's worth it because I actually do like Deathloop better.

With five exceptions, my entire list now consists of games released in the last decade. And three out of the five exceptions came out in 1994-5 specifically. Guess I'm a modern gamer in a way after all.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 24 October 2021

Time again to summon more past participants: @drbunnig @Fei-Hung @AlbiNecroxz @AkimboCurly @Angelus @cosmic_drift @curl-6 @DroidKnight @kirby007 @Summerset @chakkra @UnderwaterFunktown @dane007 @PAOerfulone 

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Sign me up, even if there will be too much Metroid!

This is the first year I'll actually follow through, too, as I've actually been holding on to a list (and updating it occasionally) for months now :)

Around the Network

I wouldn't have seen this had I not been summoned. I guess you can count me................ahh the suspense...........what's Droid going to do?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I am keen. Sign me up

DroidKnight said:

I wouldn't have seen this had I not been summoned. I guess you can count me................ahh the suspense...........what's Droid going to do?

Dang it Droid, are you in or are you out?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Is it time already to summon more past participants? It seems that way: @RolStoppable @gooch_destroyer @Immersiveunreality @MTZehvor @DonFerrari @kopstudent89 @peachbuggy @super_etecoon @Agente42 @Eagle367 @Yassgragra 

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

What are the rules?