By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War coming to PC January 14, 2022

Kyuu said:
hinch said:

Quite the contrary it won't have much, if any negative impact on consoles sales. If anything this might actually drive up sales in the long term due to them opening up the games to a larger audience and give the games/franchises more exposure. Like the people who don't currently have PS console to play it on now have the chance to experience the first GoW. And might want to get a PS4 or PS5 when the Ragnarok releases.

Like I'm a primarily a PC gamer and I still get consoles for the exclusives. I'm sure as hell not waiting years to enjoy my hobby. To each to their own, going to double dip on this too once price drops :P

You agree with me then. I was referring to a potential day and date style (zero 1st party exclusives, timed or otherwise).

zero129 said:

This is so much truth. Sony fans think sony are only doing this now to make PC gamers buy a PS5 for Gow2 etc. Clearly if any other sony game that PC gamers played with their friends etc didnt make them buy a console this wont. Its not like years ago where most 3rd partys would have their games on consoles and not on pc. All consoles have now are their own first party exclusives, and we all know other then Nintendo no body buys PS or Xbox just for their exclusives other then Hardcore fans. Now them same Sony hardcore fans are crying if games come day and date to another platform. Cant imagine how the movie or music industry would of evolved if everything was kept behind walled gardens with fans crying about something going on another platform day and date. Its only the console fanboys that do this. No other form of entertainment has fanboys that complain about something going somewhere else as much as the console industry.

The only one crying here is you mate (well... and my niece who I'm about to look after). I may or may not reply to your nonsense later.

Wow what a reply!. Did i touch a nerve?..Guess i did. Why would i be crying when my platform of choice is getting all the games.

Sorry if yours is losing exclusives by the new time, and yet many a sony fan tried to make a laugh of xbox fans in the past for the same thing.

I guess karma is a bitch for you Sony fans cos it always seems to come around to bite ye in the ass. Did you have fun slagging Xbox users when their games came to pc? this why your so bitter now?.

THREAD BAN (perm): Needless flaming over several posts.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 24 October 2021

Around the Network

Before anyone else replys to me this is how it is.
Console Fan on this site be happy that more people are going to be able to play them games you like.
Be happy that the people who make them games are going to get more money! and be happy it means more sales is better for everyone who likes gaming.

zero129 said:
Kyuu said:

You agree with me then. I was referring to a potential day and date style (zero 1st party exclusives, timed or otherwise).

zero129 said:

This is so much truth. Sony fans think sony are only doing this now to make PC gamers buy a PS5 for Gow2 etc. Clearly if any other sony game that PC gamers played with their friends etc didnt make them buy a console this wont. Its not like years ago where most 3rd partys would have their games on consoles and not on pc. All consoles have now are their own first party exclusives, and we all know other then Nintendo no body buys PS or Xbox just for their exclusives other then Hardcore fans. Now them same Sony hardcore fans are crying if games come day and date to another platform. Cant imagine how the movie or music industry would of evolved if everything was kept behind walled gardens with fans crying about something going on another platform day and date. Its only the console fanboys that do this. No other form of entertainment has fanboys that complain about something going somewhere else as much as the console industry.

The only one crying here is you mate (well... and my niece who I'm about to look after). I may or may not reply to your nonsense later.

Wow what a reply!. Did i touch a nerve?..Guess i did. Why would i be crying when my platform of choice is getting all the games.

Sorry if yours is losing exclusives by the new time, and yet many a sony fan tried to make a laugh of xbox fans in the past for the same thing.

I guess karma is a bitch for you Sony fans cos it always seems to come around to bite ye in the ass. Did you have fun slagging Xbox users when their games came to pc? this why your so bitter now?.

Jesus...

You're a well known PC fan who constantly harassed Playstation fans minding their own business. You made poor predictions and pushed narratives that were proven false over time. Have some self-awareness before you make fun of others, doubt their sincerity, and belittle their opinions.

I know you want to pretend that we care, and some of us do, but I don't. And I'm sorry to break it to you, but the day and date shit isn't happening across most titles. I'm going to end up buying a PS5 for exclusives, which will then give me accessibility to countless multiplats too (coz my current GPU is a modest GTX 1060 6GB). You came here to stir shit up, directly take jabs at Sony fans, and assume their intentions. You seem deeply hurt over our indifference to Xbox. Relax, a lot of people love Xbox. It does have a place in the industry as does Game Pass.

I don't "hate" Microsoft for what they're doing. Their support is one more reason why PC is becoming such an amazing platform, and one more reason why Xbox is completely irrelevant to me. PlayStation is not gonna copy Microsoft's approach no matter how much you beg for it. And if it does miraculously happen, then cool. If Sony want to limit PS5's success potential, that's their choice. I thought what MS did was poor from a business perspective, and I will say the same thing if Sony follows suit. Are you upset that I'm consistent?

You love to label me as a "Sony fan" (this isn't your first tantrum against me) as an attempt to belittle my takes because I said some harsh truths about Xbox that clearly hurt your feelings. The truth of the matter is... I'm no longer a "Sony fan" but I still am a "Playstation fan" because Playstation was, is, and continues to be the best supported console in the business. Why wouldn't I be a fan?

For a "Sony fan", a few Sony developed games got me interested last gen. The few I played were gigantic disappointments to say the least, each and every one of them (I view God of War as one of the most overrated games of all time. But ultimately, my opinion is irrelevant. Countless gamers love Playstation 1st party titles which will only grow much bigger this generation). The only 8th gen Sony games I adored was Bloodborne, credits mainly go to FromSoftware, phenomenal developers. You are a selective reader.... so those takes always flew over your head just because I criticize Xbox.

zero129 said:

Console Fan on this site be happy that more people are going to be able to play them games you like.
Be happy that the people who make them games are going to get more money! and be happy it means more sales is better for everyone who likes gaming.

And no one in this thread acted unhappy. Go on Twitter, I'm sure you'll find countless Playstation fanboys getting upset, your advice is much better suited there than here.

Kyuu said:
zero129 said:

Jesus...

You're a well known PC fan who constantly harassed Playstation fans minding their own business. You made poor predictions and pushed narratives that were proven false over time. Have some self-awareness before you make fun of others, doubt their sincerity, and belittle their opinions.

I know you want to pretend that we care, and some of us do, but I don't. And I'm sorry to break it to you, but the day and date shit isn't happening across most titles. I'm going to end up buying a PS5 for exclusives, which will then give me accessibility to countless multiplats too (coz my current GPU is a modest GTX 1060 6GB). You came here to stir shit up, directly take jabs at Sony fans, and assume their intentions. You seem deeply hurt over our indifference to Xbox. Relax, a lot of people love Xbox. It does have a place in the industry as does Game Pass.

I don't "hate" Microsoft for what they're doing. Their support is one more reason why PC is becoming such an amazing platform, and one more reason why Xbox is completely irrelevant to me. PlayStation is not gonna copy Microsoft's approach no matter how much you beg for it. And if it does miraculously happen, then cool. If Sony want to limit PS5's success potential, that's their choice. I thought what MS did was poor from a business perspective, and I will say the same thing if Sony follows suit. Are you upset that I'm consistent?

You love to label me as a "Sony fan" (this isn't your first tantrum against me) as an attempt to belittle my takes because I said some harsh truths about Xbox that clearly hurt your feelings. The truth of the matter is... I'm no longer a "Sony fan" but I still am a "Playstation fan" because Playstation was, is, and continues to be the best supported console in the business. Why wouldn't I be a fan?

For a "Sony fan", a few Sony developed games got me interested last gen. The few I played were gigantic disappointments to say the least, each and every one of them (I view God of War as one of the most overrated games of all time. But ultimately, my opinion is irrelevant. Countless gamers love Playstation 1st party titles which will only grow much bigger this generation). The only 8th gen Sony games I adored was Bloodborne, credits mainly go to FromSoftware, phenomenal developers. You are a selective reader.... so those takes always flew over your head just because I criticize Xbox.

zero129 said:

And no one in this thread acted unhappy. Go on Twitter, I'm sure you'll find countless Playstation fanboys getting upset, your advice is much better suited there than here.

In Brazil there are some fans going to a platform dedicated to complain against companies for breaking consumer rights to bash Sony and ask for a government agency to sue them for misleading marketing because they only bought PS4 because of GoW and now PC is getting it for cheaper, with more content and higher quality than PS4 gamers at a time. It is totally moronic complains one after another. And don`t worry, the one Zero was taking jabs against was me not you.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Will it come before or after Uncharted Collection? Also, never played it, but from videos I watched, it looks like its gameplay is heavily console controller-oriented, will Sony keep it this way and suggest PC gamers the purchase of a controller, if they haven't one yet, or will it adapt it more deeply than in an essential way to mouse and keyboard?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Will it come before or after Uncharted Collection? Also, never played it, but from videos I watched, it looks like its gameplay is heavily console controller-oriented, will Sony keep it this way and suggest PC gamers the purchase of a controller, if they haven't one yet, or will it adapt it more deeply than in an essential way to mouse and keyboard?

They said it is compatible with DS4 and Dual Sense, but probably will have KB+M

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Alby_da_Wolf said:

I doubt they are porting to PC to require players to then get a controller: seems counter-intuitive to what they're doing. 

I think KBM will be fine when playing this. 

DonFerrari said:
Kyuu said:
zero129 said:

In Brazil there are some fans going to a platform dedicated to complain against companies for breaking consumer rights to bash Sony and ask for a government agency to sue them for misleading marketing because they only bought PS4 because of GoW and now PC is getting it for cheaper, with more content and higher quality than PS4 gamers at a time. It is totally moronic complains one after another. And don`t worry, the one Zero was taking jabs against was me not you.

People do all sorts of crazy shit I'm not surprised. Though I'm not going to demonize them for feeling bad about it lol. I hear consoles cost a fortune over there.

The vast majority of notable "exclusives" these days are timed, some of them generational. It's nothing new. It is new for Sony's games to be on PC. If I don't like that, I'd skip Playstation and get/use a PC instead, problem solved. If I can't afford a decent gaming PC, then I never picked the console for exclusives so I'd stick with consoles and let PC folks enjoy the game alongside me, or pick another console... or find a new hobby!

Oh I swear his jabs are indiscriminate. Any outspoken Playstation fan will get a taste of those cheeky fists of judgement.

I wonder if this PC version will get released on PS5 and bundled with Ragnarok

Well, imagine how much money Sony can make off of this.

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m