By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Japan's Love for Xbox Series? (New Poll)

Will the Xbox Series consoles even sell half of the Xbox 360 lifetime sales(808,064)?

Yes, but it will be very close 1 10.00%

Yes, it will even break a million 3 30.00%

No, but it will be very close 2 20.00%

No, it won't even reach 700,000 4 40.00%

Total:10
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Looks like the honeymoon phase is over.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Famitsu hardware sales for Xbox Series up to January 8th 2023 showing the Series consoles passing the 400,000 mark. Another 70,000+ will put it above the OG Xbox, leaving the Xbox 360's lifetime sales of ~1.66 million to reach.

Xbox Series is looking strong software wise for the 2023 & 2024 years, but will it translate to good hardware sales for those years?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Well it did pass the PC-FX at 400k and will pass the OG Xbox sometime this year.

DroidKnight said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Looks like the honeymoon phase is over.

The Series s is currently the cheapest console available since its sale.
As far as I know, the Switch and Series s are the only consoles available for less than MSRP tax included right now.

Well, but they are not selling that well.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

The Series s is currently the cheapest console available since its sale.
As far as I know, the Switch and Series s are the only consoles available for less than MSRP tax included right now.

Well, but they are not selling that well.

Do you know if there is plenty of stock just sitting on the shelves? 

Around the Network

We heard this same thing when Tales of Vesperia game out way back on the 360. The sales were good for one week, then went right back to what they were. Same thing is happening now.

The Series S/X console hardware sales have cleared the half a million mark at 2 years and 10 months. With the generation possibly lasting into 2028, it has plenty of time to get close to the Xbox 360 sales and maybe surpass it. 5 more years of added sales. Much will have to do with getting the stock issues cleared up. The future Xbox library through 2028 is looking great and should see plenty of more excitement stirred up.

It's nice to see this turn around compared to their last generation crap show.

DroidKnight said:

The Series S/X console hardware sales have cleared the half a million mark at 2 years and 10 months. With the generation possibly lasting into 2028, it has plenty of time to get close to the Xbox 360 sales and maybe surpass it. 5 more years of added sales. Much will have to do with getting the stock issues cleared up. The future Xbox library through 2028 is looking great and should see plenty of more excitement stirred up.

It's nice to see this turn around compared to their last generation crap show.

Xbox still has few, if any, console exclusives that will make a splash with Japan.

But Japan does really like Minecraft. Also, Persona games are coming to Xbox in a big way. There are also some other Japanese games getting ports to Xbox. 

I don't think Xbox will be front-heavy in Japan. Some cynics could say it is, and that it will barely scrape 800,000-1 million. Again, that seems unlikely. Xbox is going to continue building its library and maybe will even have some price cuts in Japan one day as well (but price cuts are becoming a thing of the past). 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

It's not selling anywhere near X360 lifetime. PC is growing big in Japan and will impede not only Xbox's growth, but even Playstation's to a smaller extent.

It also seems that MS has shifted from an aggressive hardware deals (worldwide) strategy to a more profit conscious one. Series X and S revisions will virtually maintain their prices. Not willing to reduce prices go against having great legs.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 28 September 2023

A friend spent a month in Japan earlier this year. Went to a lot of game shops. Told me many didn't even have an Xbox One/SX section at all.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!