By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Japan's Love for Xbox Series? (New Poll)

Will the Xbox Series consoles even sell half of the Xbox 360 lifetime sales(808,064)?

Yes, but it will be very close 1 10.00%

Yes, it will even break a million 3 30.00%

No, but it will be very close 2 20.00%

No, it won't even reach 700,000 4 40.00%

Total:10
Bristow9091 said:
kenjab said:

You may be trolling, but I'll bite anyway. Google "sarah bond xbox" and you'll find her.

I must say I'm a little offended you think I'm trolling (Also don't do that in the future, to anyone really), this is who I got originally; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Bond

You're offended???? I think you owe Kenjab an apology for pretending to do an half ass google search and calling him out. This is also a Microsoft discussion thread so Kenjab is right everyone knows Sarah bond. 

This is what you got:

Sarah Emily Bond is a Professor of History at the University of Iowa. Her research focuses on late Roman history, epigraphy, law, topography, GIS, and Digital Humanities. Wikipedia 

And you though to yourself well obviously this Kenjab dude doesn't know what he's talk about and calling him out for using a random person name. If you would of actually google her you would of got:

Sarah Bond

3rd degree connection3rd
Corporate Vice President | Xbox

Around the Network

Considering PS5 sold 1M and only 500k SW with big possibility of scalpers and resellers/exporters making most of the HW purchase I would suspect of very similar situation for Xbox Series as well. The cool data from Japan is that Series X is about 2/3 of the sales and S is 1/3.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

yvanjean said:
Bristow9091 said:

I must say I'm a little offended you think I'm trolling (Also don't do that in the future, to anyone really), this is who I got originally; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Bond

You're offended???? I think you owe Kenjab an apology for pretending to do an half ass google search and calling him out. This is also a Microsoft discussion thread so Kenjab is right everyone knows Sarah bond. 

This is what you got:

Sarah Emily Bond is a Professor of History at the University of Iowa. Her research focuses on late Roman history, epigraphy, law, topography, GIS, and Digital Humanities. Wikipedia 

And you though to yourself well obviously this Kenjab dude doesn't know what he's talk about and calling him out for using a random person name. If you would of actually google her you would of got:

Sarah Bond

3rd degree connection3rd
Corporate Vice President | Xbox

Whoa man, easy now. This was just a misunderstanding. Perhaps referring to bristow's post as a troll was too harsh, something like sarcastic or tongue-in-cheek would have been more appropriate.

And btw, I also googled "jim ryan" and found numerous lawyers and politicians listed and had to sift through to find the one who works for Sony.  Some names are just more common than you think.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

i agree Bris is very sus

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

DonFerrari said:

The cool data from Japan is that Series X is about 2/3 of the sales and S is 1/3.

Say what???

The cool Famitsu data for the week shows 500 Series X and 3000 Series S. S has badly outsold the X for months.

I wonder how much stock (PS5 and X/S) is swiftly exported to China, though. Very low software numbers seems to suggest a lot of boxes end up in China...

Around the Network
drkohler said:
DonFerrari said:

The cool data from Japan is that Series X is about 2/3 of the sales and S is 1/3.

Say what???

The cool Famitsu data for the week shows 500 Series X and 3000 Series S. S has badly outsold the X for months.

I wonder how much stock (PS5 and X/S) is swiftly exported to China, though. Very low software numbers seems to suggest a lot of boxes end up in China...

He was probably referring to LTD, where it's 64k for X and 38k for S.  But Series S has been outselling Series X for the past month or so.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

kenjab said:
drkohler said:

Say what???

He was probably referring to LTD, where it's 64k for X and 38k for S.  But Series S has been outselling Series X for the past month or so.

For weeks where there is almost no inventory for X, I would have no doubt S would be a lot ahead of it. But yes, I was referencing the total sales. And I would guess this is somewhat similar for the other regions.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Bristow9091 said:

It's almost like you don't know what a misunderstanding is, maybe get that stick from up your butt and realise that not everyone knows every "important" person in the videogames industry? I never once called Kenjab out, I was making a comment based on the fact that I ended up with someone different, something he can also attest to as he tried it himself.

Also "This is also a Microsoft discussion thread so Kenjab is right everyone knows Sarah bond." What does the fact that it's a Microsoft discussion have to do with who knows a person? Does that mean if I randomly post in a Nintendo thread it automatically means I know everyone at Nintendo? I don't even know everyone at Sony for that matter and I run a nation thread... your logic is ridiculously flawed. 

Next time don't come at someone guns blazing like that, it just makes you look desperate to start an argument that doesn't need to be had. I'd advise dropping it here before any further action happens.

This was your quote "I put her name in google and I think it gave me someone else... who is this lady you speak of?"

The only misunderstanding is your claim to not know how to use google which doesn't make any sense. 

I don't expect you to know everyone but If you claim to have googled them then YES I would expect you to know who is being referred. Even if it was a Nintendo thread the same logic would apply.

Now you insult me and question my logic and follow up with a threat to take further action....Very nice!!!

THREAD BAN (perm.) - Flaming: Needless hostility and ignoring thread warnings 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 15 October 2021

It's very hard to scalp xbox series x in Japan, aside from the times amazon jp gets stock (amazon isn't tracked by famitsu btw, so it's not included on these 100k ;) ), stock is only sold in physical stores, 1 purchase by person (and you can't buy both the S and X), using a special credit card.

Series S was also like this until late September, but they open up now (and it's appearing on several online stores).. but series S isn't supply constrained in most of the world, makes little sense to scalp to outside Japan.

Ps5 is different, usually gets big drops online, and in way bigger numbers than Microsoft ever shipped.

It's certainly better than last gen. Xbox has a lot of work to do, but a step in the right direction. Game Pass and Xcloud will be 2 factors that help Xbox, next they need some Japanese exclusives.