By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Japan's Love for Xbox Series? (New Poll)

Will the Xbox Series consoles even sell half of the Xbox 360 lifetime sales(808,064)?

Yes, but it will be very close 1 10.00%

Yes, it will even break a million 3 30.00%

No, but it will be very close 2 20.00%

No, it won't even reach 700,000 4 40.00%

Total:10

With plenty of Series S in stock in many regions now, maybe larger stock amounts will finally be sent to Japan and we can gauge if there is any real demand for it. The next several months will be telling.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

I’m not too sure Microsoft actually cares about Japanese sales that much. They are going to continue to try and get Japanese games on the platform to entice western customers who are interested in those games, more so than Japanese customers

SegaHeart said:

Microsoft Xbox One was egregious of what the Xbox 360 accomplished prior , The Xbox Series might need a new stradegy from the Japanese developers most of them that are unwilling to port to Xbox likes of Atelier Ryza , Persona , Guilty Gear , 13 Sentinals , Trails of Cold Steel , Dangun Ranpa , and the many many developers that won't , Microsoft needs a plan B since those developers aren't budging . Plan B is Acquire a japanese Studio to leverage the power that PS5 has all the cards aka all the western and japanese support. Microsoft only gets AAA japanese , It's never enough since Playstation gets all the pie . Xbox 360 plan B was great get the incredibly niche genre shoot em ups most of them exclusive to Xbox 360 add ther japanese exclusives like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey , Infinite ZUnidscovery , Magna carta 2 Golden Fantasia etc that was the Xbox 360 people like me liked I still prefer Xbox 360 over Xbox series consoles the thing is just too western to 360. Like I said if smaller japanese developers including Sega's atlus won't bring their games to Xbox It's to just Purchase One or two? Grounding being bought by Tencent I think? really hurt Xbox Series more grounding worked on Project Drago for Kinect . I'm unsure if there are anymore japanese studios under xbox ? I have a etter strady but unsure if it'll pay off? buy Cave , the developers of Death Smiles and Akai Katana , Dodonpachi etc Cave aint doing anything and noone wants to invest in shmups except for the japanese consumers but the japanese consumers are tired of old ports of death smiles that youtube channels barely reach big numbers unless your Electrified underground , shmups on switch etc? but Cave is down bad haven't created a shnup in 10 years all they do is port which is sad then what happens to cave if all games are ported? then after they are ported the next 10 years cave will be dead? Cave is not motivated like they were when they worked exclusively on Xbox 360 , Microsoft giving them a phat check for every game? Cave is down is in need of saving ? don't tell me they making a new game they haven't and Cave needs Microsoft . Also I rather Microsoft Buy Cave and not buy Trails of Cold Steel developer.

One word Paragraph's

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

SegaHeart said:

Microsoft Xbox One was egregious of what the Xbox 360 accomplished prior , The Xbox Series might need a new stradegy from the Japanese developers most of them that are unwilling to port to Xbox likes of Atelier Ryza , Persona , Guilty Gear , 13 Sentinals , Trails of Cold Steel , Dangun Ranpa , and the many many developers that won't , Microsoft needs a plan B since those developers aren't budging . Plan B is Acquire a japanese Studio to leverage the power that PS5 has all the cards aka all the western and japanese support. Microsoft only gets AAA japanese , It's never enough since Playstation gets all the pie . Xbox 360 plan B was great get the incredibly niche genre shoot em ups most of them exclusive to Xbox 360 add ther japanese exclusives like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey , Infinite Undiscovery , Magna carta 2 Golden Fantasia etc , that was the Xbox 360 people like me liked , I still prefer Xbox 360 over Xbox series consoles the thing is just too western to 360. Like I said if smaller japanese developers including Sega's atlus won't bring their games to Xbox , They need to just Purchase One or two? Grounding being bought by Tencent I think? really hurt Xbox Series more grounding worked on Project Drago for Kinect . I'm unsure if there are anymore japanese studios under xbox ? I have a better stradegy but unsure if it'll pay off? buy Cave , the developers of Death Smiles and Akai Katana , Dodonpachi etc Cave aint doing anything and noone wants to invest in shmups except for the japanese consumers but the japanese consumers are tired of old ports of death smiles that youtube channels barely reach big numbers unless your Electrified underground , shmups on switch etc? but Cave is down bad haven't created a shnup in 10 years all they do is port which is sad then what happens to cave if all games are ported? then after they are ported the next 10 years cave will be dead? Cave is not motivated like they were when they worked exclusively on Xbox 360 , Microsoft giving them a phat check for every game? Cave is down is in need of saving ? don't tell me they making a new game they haven't and Cave needs Microsoft . Also I rather Microsoft Buy Cave and not buy Trails of Cold Steel developer.

I guess the plan that makes more sense to them is what they done with Sega, pay to have the games on GP, with that money Sega can do the port and see some extra sales as well, and even finance the PC port at once since GP is available on both.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Japanese buying an X box is one of the most hipster thing a japanese person can do! :P

Around the Network

Still doing good.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I'm starting to think that Microsoft not only designed the Series S for those that are just interested in GP or those looking for an affordable gaming option, but also to cater to the Japanese market. The thing can fit on your hand if you've got a big enough hand. It's absolutely insane how small the console is and I wouldn't be surprised if that form factor was designed with Japan in mind. Even if it wasn't the case, the Series S continues to look more and more genius on Microsoft's part.

It won't continue throughout the generation if Microsoft doesn't invest into getting more games or exclusive games that cater to the Japanese market on Xbox, though. 

trunkswd said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I'm starting to think that Microsoft not only designed the Series S for those that are just interested in GP or those looking for an affordable gaming option, but also to cater to the Japanese market. The thing can fit on your hand if you've got a big enough hand. It's absolutely insane how small the console is and I wouldn't be surprised if that form factor was designed with Japan in mind. Even if it wasn't the case, the Series S continues to look more and more genius on Microsoft's part.

It won't continue throughout the generation if Microsoft doesn't invest into getting more games or exclusive games that cater to the Japanese market on Xbox, though. 

Not having a disc drive or traditional hard drive saves a lot of space. I have a Series S and it is a great little machine. Until I complete my PC upgrades with a new GPU the Series S is my current main platform to play newer AAA games.

If that were completely the case, then the PS5 DE should be a LOT smaller than what it is

You're right though. You take apart the original Xbox, which was massive, the freaking hard drive takes up almost half the space lol

trunkswd said:
gtotheunit91 said:

If that were completely the case, then the PS5 DE should be a LOT smaller than what it is

Well the standard PS5 and PS5 DE both have NVME SSDs. I am more comparing the Series S to older Xbox consoles. Also being a bit less powerful than the Series X and PS5, means it won't get nearly as hot, so less cooling is needed.

Yeah, I immediately edited my comment remembering just how much space the hard drive took up in the original Xbox lol. Which was a massive console! 

It's been great seeing how Xbox consoles have been getting progressively smaller. Makes me think the next-gen Xbox will be the size of an Intel NUC lol