By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Japan's Love for Xbox Series? (New Poll)

Will the Xbox Series consoles even sell half of the Xbox 360 lifetime sales(808,064)?

Yes, but it will be very close 1 10.00%

Yes, it will even break a million 3 30.00%

No, but it will be very close 2 20.00%

No, it won't even reach 700,000 4 40.00%

Total:10
Spade said:

Phil Spencer Sarah Bond can do it. We gettin weird ass niche games, we can get the number.. 3? highest selling Japanese franchise too. 

It would be a great to have more JRPG's interested in Xbox.  Persona would be a nice get.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

The 360 sold 62k in it's first 2 days and 290k by the end of 2006. So Series is very far behind in that battle.

A genuine effort was made to push the 360 in Japan though. Yet it sold 1.6 million.

So its not a battle, MS just gave up and rightfully so.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

DroidKnight said:
Spade said:

Phil Spencer Sarah Bond can do it. We gettin weird ass niche games, we can get the number.. 3? highest selling Japanese franchise too. 

It would be a great to have more JRPG's interested in Xbox.  Persona would be a nice get.

MS's best bet, without wasting a bunch of money, just encourage more ports and drop them on Gamepass.

That could potentially appeal to the Japanese audience and weebs if people that like that shit can get instant access to a large library of Japanese games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

rapsuperstar31 said:

What is the cause of the increased sales in Japan? Are those that never owned the system buying it to play all past games they missed on gamepass, or are they buying it for the future games that will be coming to the system? I don't read all of the weekly famitsu sales charts has there ever been an Xbox X game on the top 30 sold list of any given week? Even Playstatoin 5 games rarely crack into the top 30 list for more than a few weeks before Switch games from 4 years ago passes them by on the weekly charts.

Only very few XBS games have had physical releases in Japan so far and all were in limited quantity, never enough to enter the top 30. It's basically almost only digital and gamepass.

The Series S is perfect for the japanese market. The right size and a lower barrier of entry to a console most haven't considered.

Also by how far back they started, it only takes a single-digit percentage of japanese gamers to be upset with the Sony pivot towards a western focus or their censoriousness of some japanese releases to get quite remarkable turnarounds like these.

Around the Network

slightly less dead but still dead if you ask me

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Past performance:

Xbox: 530,000
Xbox 360: 1,660,000
Xbox One: 120,000

Though the Xbox only sold 530,000 units in Japan, it still had a descent showing. The Xbox launched late in the 6th generation so it was available for 3 years in Japan before the 360 was introduced. The 360 was available for a full 8 years before Xbox One was introduced. Delaying the Japan release of the Xbox One for a full year after the rest of the world didn't help it. Snub Japan and they snubbed back.

I think matching or beating the 360 lifetime sales would most certainly be considered a victory for Microsoft and would help build a solid foundation moving forward for future generations.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

kirby007 said:

slightly less dead but still dead if you ask me

I'm sure MS doesn't mind being ''dead'' meanwhile selling out asap everything it ships to the country.

I can't think of any ''dead'' scenario better than this. 

Bristow9091 said:
Spade said:

I put her name in google and I think it gave me someone else... who is this lady you speak of? :o

You may be trolling, but I'll bite anyway. Google "sarah bond xbox" and you'll find her.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Bristow9091 said:
kenjab said:

You may be trolling, but I'll bite anyway. Google "sarah bond xbox" and you'll find her.

I must say I'm a little offended you think I'm trolling (Also don't do that in the future, to anyone really), this is who I got originally; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Bond

Sorry to offend! This is the internet after all....

I assumed everyone around these parts knew of Sarah, but maybe I'm in more of an XBox bubble than I thought.  But then I saw the same thing when I googled simply "sarah bond" so I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish