By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OLED Switch - Week 12 Predictions - Christmas week (Week 11 was 1.315M)

OLED Switch - Week 12 Prediction - Christmas week (All Switches Globally)

$ < 700k 0 0%

700k < $ < 775k 0 0%

775k < $ < 850k 0 0%

850k < $ < 925k 0 0%

925k < $ < 1.000M 2 40.00%

1.000M < $ < 1.075M 1 20.00%

1.075M < $ < 1.150M 0 0%

1.150M < $ < 1.225M 0 0%

1.225M < $ < 1.300M 0 0%

1.300M < $ 2 40.00%

Total:5

As for week 4, Switch sold 518,682 for the same week last year. I haven't run any numbers, but I wouldn't expect week 4 to be much higher than last year unless there was a lot more stock available of the OLED. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

As for week 4, Switch sold 518,682 for the same week last year. I haven't run any numbers, but I wouldn't expect week 4 to be much higher than last year unless there was a lot more stock available of the OLED. 

padib said:
trunkswd said:

Technically, yes. There is a chance. I like to wait for the weekly Japan and Spain hardware numbers, other software charts, and some other data before running the weekly numbers. I also look at historical data. How have PS5 sales been compared to PS4 and Xbox Series X|S compared to Xbox One and Xbox 360, as well as Switch looking at how well Switch sales have been compared to the previous 2 years. Obviously there is fluctuation with the OLED launch, some weeks getting bigger shipment figures, and big game releases shifting extra consoles. It is a lot of data to go through each week to come up with the estimates. 

Okay that was probably more than you were asking for. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

This is so difficult to predict because it all depends on Oled restock. I think we might get a minor dip because of aforementioned reason, 475K.

I think it'll have slight growth in week 4.

Around the Network

For week 4 I chose 600-650k, because I expect a restock due to the Mario Party Superstars release.

siebensus4 said:

For week 4 I chose 600-650k, because I expect a restock due to the Mario Party Superstars release.

Does Mario Party Superstars release correspond to week 4 or week 5?

The Mario Party Superstars release week will be the upcoming week 4 of Switch OLED model.

About the same as week 3, maybe a very slight increase. Voting 500-550.

Down 10%

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.