By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OLED Switch - Closing poll, thank you for participating - Christmas week (Week 12 was 1.083M)

Did you enjoy this thread?

Lots of fun 4 80.00%

Nice 1 20.00%

Too nerdy 0 0%

Tedious 0 0%

Total:5
trunkswd said:
padib said:

I added an "After Adjustments" column.

The numbers are much more volatile than I thought, what I like about this exercise is that it forces us to look at the numbers from much closer, and it also exposes how very little we know of what will be shipped and/or sold within a week. Even with the trends of last years, some factors came into play this year that I didn't personally expect.

I try my best to be as accurate as possible, but this time of year is the hardest.

I am sure that hardware shortages do not make your job easy.  Your efforts are appreciated.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
trunkswd said:

I try my best to be as accurate as possible, but this time of year is the hardest.

I am sure that hardware shortages do not make your job easy.  Your efforts are appreciated.

They are a real pain in the ass, but nothing I can do about it.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

1.18m! So I just got this prediction right.

1.150M to 1.225M wins.

Gamerscore:20,000  -  Trophies:3,800 -  Nintendo Awards: -1

My Xbox Series S is my baby. It grew up into an X.

Zippy6 said:

1.18m! So I just got this prediction right.

1.150M to 1.225M wins.

Nice job, now let's wait for the adjustments

For next week, I'm going with 1.3M, last year was 1.368M

Week 9 was almost identical last year but I'm expecting a downward adjustment and so a slightly lower value than 2020 also for this week. Slightly lower because I sensed confidence in Doug Bowser's statements after the November NPD results. Not sure if it has enough time to cause a reaction but hopefully Nintendo is pushing production hard to meet demand.

Slightly up on last week, but a bigger drop YoY is my guess.

1.225m to 1.3m

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

1.225m to 1.3m

1.245m!

2 weeks in a row! Think these might be the only 2 weeks I got right lol.

Zippy6 said:
Zippy6 said:

1.225m to 1.3m

1.245m!

2 weeks in a row! Think these might be the only 2 weeks I got right lol.

Man you nailed this one!

I'm updating the poll now, this week has been insanely busy on my end. Let's try for 3 times a charm! ;) I went for 1.3M, somehow I felt like I was overshooting :)

Edit: I'm going for 1.4M this week. Last year was 1.52M on Dec 19th 2020 so I'm going a bit below 1M under last year's figures.

Last edited by padib - on 21 December 2021

Going to stick with 1.225m to 1.3m for another week.

Japanese numbers suggest shortages, so I try the extreme and say < 1.15M for week 11.

Last edited by siebensus4 - on 23 December 2021

Dang, it's 2M below holiday 2020. I went for 1.4M but it was 1.314M for the week ending the 18th. Updating OP and poll.

For the week ending Dec 25th this year, I will go with 9.5M, last year was 1.158M, I will low-ball this week learning from my last mistakes.