By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite God of War game?

What's your favorite God of War game?

God of War (2005) 58 9.29%

God of War II 83 13.30%

God of War III 121 19.39%

God of War: Ascension 13 2.08%

God of War (2018) 317 50.80%

God of War: Chains of Olympus 19 3.04%

God of War: Ghost of Sparta 13 2.08%

Total:624

I enjoyed the original trilogy massively, particularly 1 and 3. I will give it to 3 due to being technically superior. One of the few games with perfect balance, I feel.

Haven't played 2018 due to knowing that I wouldn't like it. Everything I have seen from the game has convinced me. I will play it if I get it for free though.

I hope Ragnarok takes some major risks, but it looks more of the same.

Around the Network

2018 by far.

Adding depth to Kratos did a whole lot to revitalize the series. I went from being uninterested in the remake to being extremely hyped for the sequel. I hope Ragnarok refines combat, combos and weapons, that it has more enemy & boss variety, with each realm feeling unique and ultimately adding to the lore. Everything else I want would need to leverage the SSD + CPU lol.

Previews God of Wars were great fun similar to a summer action blockbuster.

The new GoW was the big summer Oscar film. It raised every aspect from the original game and set a new bar.

My top 3 gaming experiences to date were Zelda OoT, Zelda LttP and Shenmue. GoW has now joined that list.

My expectations are pretty tame. Upgrade in visuals, tired up the story with the same quality of dialogue and direction as the first. Better boss fights, more puzzles, more bonus content tired into story and lore like how they did the maze and that mountain section, and finally equally well designed side quests that actually add to the game and story.

2018 for sure.

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

God of War from 2018 =) Strong game with many love to detail and awesome quality :)