By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Across (mZuzek's music)

Cool! I'll save some songs in my playlist :)

Is everything done by you or do you work with a band?

Around the Network

I liked the two songs you posted! Just Like Them All started out sounding, frankly, like just noise to my ears, but it didn't take long to establish more of a rhythm and feel I could get into, and All the Pain I connected to throughout. I like the visual artwork too, whoever did that!

Might have to get around to the other songs later 'cause, like you, I'm tired. It's been a long and exhausting day at work. But just wanted to compliment your work. I don't recognize the style, but I'm certainly enjoying it!

I'll try to check this out later when I can but goddamn that cover art is amazing!

mZuzek wrote:

I like frankly, thanks. As for the style, I never really try to emulate anything, obviously my music is gonna be in some way derived from other music I like, Muse certainly is a big inspiration, but I always just try to do my own thing and personally I don't really know in what genre it falls either (other than rock obviously).

The visual artwork was done by Roby Designs, I linked to him in the OP but he deserves another link.

No prob.

Yeah, it seems like a pretty unique style! Genre-wise, this is the type of material I tend to give a blanket "alternative/indie pop/rock" classification to, but that's very, very broad 'cause it encompasses tons of different styles. Anyway, again nice work! Checking out more now.

Ka-pi96 said:

Not the kind of music I normally listen to, but you did well! Although it kind of sounds like you've put emphasis on the instrumental side rather than the vocals. The sound balance just doesn't seem quite right and they sometimes drown out the vocal part and make it difficult to hear.

Still though, congrats on this! It's a great achievement and I hope it does well.

I was going to say the same thing actually but decided not to. Will second it now though.

The fact you did all this by yourself though... Holy shit. That's insane.

Well done mate, you should be proud of the work you've done.