By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Showcase 09/09 - 40 mins of Summer

Unless Sony is bringing back PS Experience, we won't see the fruits of Sony's organic growth until 2022, and that's without potential acquisitions that add to the development pipeline. The PS5 is having a slightly better start to the generation than the PS4 but I think it will have significantly better output towards the middle of the generation when the PS4 really started to pick up.

Around the Network

Great show, was just missing one or two more PS Studios are similar level announcements like TLOU Factions, MGS or Silent Hill.

Sony have a ton still left to reveal. ND has 2-3 projects, SSM new IP, Bend new game, GG MP game, SP new game, MGS, PixelOpus game with Imageworks, the new San Diego team (rumoured to be Uncharted 5), Firesprite games, Asobi new game, and all their collabs (Haven, Firewalk, Deviation).

Not including third party exclusives potentially from FROM, KJP, Remedy, SE, Capcom, Atlus and Team Ninja.

eva01beserk said:
Norion said:

A strong start, strong ending and weak middle makes this an overall good presentation. Stuff like Forspoken and Tchia look great and I like that PC announcements will now be a part of these events at least sometimes. Though as usual them showing trailers for multiplats and only showing a Playstation logo like for the SW: KOTOR remake is an annoying and misleading practice they should stop doing.

Sony studios is codeveloping that game. You still dont think there wont be some sort of exclusivity?

It's already confirmed coming to PC and it might be a timed situation for Xbox since the Playsation blog says it'll be a console exclusive at launch. I think it would be better if information like that was presented in the showcase.

Last edited by Norion - on 09 September 2021

Norion said:
eva01beserk said:

Sony studios is codeveloping that game. You still dont think there wont be some sort of exclusivity?

It's already confirmed coming to PC and it might be a timed situation for Xbox since the Playsation blog says it'll be a console exclusive at launch. I think it would be better if information like that was presented in the showcase.

So it does have at least time console exclusivity. I dint need a post to know that. Just knowing it was codeveloped with Sony was enough for anyone. Nothing new them not anouncing the pc port. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Norion said:

So it does have at least time console exclusivity. I dint need a post to know that. Just knowing it was codeveloped with Sony was enough for anyone. Nothing new them not anouncing the pc port. 

They were willing to show that the Uncharted collection was coming to PC too. I think it would be beneficial if all the trailers were as clear as that one was since it would prevent confusion or people believing something is exclusive when it isn't. 

Around the Network
src said:

Great show, was just missing one or two more PS Studios are similar level announcements like TLOU Factions, MGS or Silent Hill.

Sony have a ton still left to reveal. ND has 2-3 projects, SSM new IP, Bend new game, GG MP game, SP new game, MGS, PixelOpus game with Imageworks, the new San Diego team (rumoured to be Uncharted 5), Firesprite games, Asobi new game, and all their collabs (Haven, Firewalk, Deviation).

Not including third party exclusives potentially from FROM, KJP, Remedy, SE, Capcom, Atlus and Team Ninja.

It's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation, show stuff that may be further out and you get criticised for being to early in the cycle and imo rightfully so, only to have greedy little gamers like myself jump up and down while shouting wheres so and so, just for the dubious reward of being shown a game most likely in a skeletal state anyway, and so what if our disregard for the content needs of future events and release schedules leads to a dearth of new and exciting gaming news later on for us to overhype, I say don't blame me for my enthusiasm and overexpectation that's human nature blame Sony MS and Nintendo it always their fault anyway.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 09 September 2021

src said:

Yeah, so much still to announce. Quite crazy !

Norion said:
eva01beserk said:

They were willing to show that the Uncharted collection was coming to PC too. I think it would be beneficial if all the trailers were as clear as that one was since it would prevent confusion or people believing something is exclusive when it isn't. 

Possible that they aren't publishing the PC release, hence why PS5 only.

Yong gives it an A:

I give it a B+ myself. Some nice reveals and a couple surprises, but more gameplay would have bumped it up.

Within two hours the Playstation Showcase has surpassed the amount of views the Xbox E3 Conference got in two months.

My subjective score relative to expecations: 3/10. And I didn't expect much, I just wanted one single surprise 1st/2nd party announcement.

My score from a more objective standpoint: 7/10

+ Decent variety of games... I guess.

+ Insomniac are godlike. Naughty Dog is now a Naughty Puppy.

+ Project Eve shaping up well and looking better to my eyes than most AAA crossgen games.

- "Be vErY pRePaReD!!"

- Underwhelming presentation and complete lack of wow factor confirm to me that Sony made a mistake with the crossgen path. GT7, GoW and Horizon 2 should have been developed on 2-3 year old highend PCs that approach PS5's targeted specs. If that means they would have been pushed 6 months, then so be it. The price is worth it. Rift Apart >>>

- CGI trailers/teasers for games that are a ways off. Back to the shitty old habits I see.

- KoTOR!! Yay!!!... not really. Exclusives that don't require the funding of Nintendo/Sony/MS are a waste of resources. This game would have probably existed with or without Sony's involvement. A nice announcement, yes. But timed exclusivity wasn't necessary... and nothing was shown anyways.

PS5 will be a phenomenal console when all is said and done, but its 2nd year is looking to be the 2nd worse in console history in terms of nextgen exclusives. The slow generational transition killed all my early hype. PS4 is still one hell of a console that I'm starting to regret giving it away lol.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 10 September 2021