By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Dread discussion

37 days to go!!

Around the Network

I swear this must have started as a 3ds game or something. Those graphics are so rough.

But I'm not a fan of 2d metroidvania games, and I'm sure people who are probably aren't the type to care too much about it looking so dated. Hope it gives something fans of the series can love.

Looks good esp it is not black and white.... I dunno why but 2d black and white games on HD looks so good lately...

Zippy6 said:

I swear this must have started as a 3ds game or something. Those graphics are so rough.

But I'm not a fan of 2d metroidvania games, and I'm sure people who are probably aren't the type to care too much about it looking so dated. Hope it gives something fans of the series can love.

I think that's being a bit harsh.

Here is Samus Returns on 3DS:

And here is Metroid Dread:

It's a 60fps game on the Switch, some sacrifices have to be made, but it looks nothing like a 3DS game.

Zippy6 said:

I don't know about that.

I am one of those who stated I long moved on to the 3D Prime version, but this one definitely looked better than anything I seen on 3DS that it make me actually want to give a 2D metroid a go again since the SNES days lol.

Around the Network

Yeah awesome trailer. Between this, warioware and a few indies I want on the go, I'm tempted to get a switch deluxe or whatever it's called lol

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Zippy6 said:

I guess you had a custom 3DS that could handle 1080p/60fps graphics made just for you. Because this looks nothing like a 3DS game. 

Zippy6 said:

Well that's the worst take I read online this week on anything. It looks like a Switch game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Vodacixi said:
Zippy6 said:

I guess you had a custom 3DS that could handle 1080p/60fps graphics made just for you. Because this looks nothing like a 3DS game. 

I said looks like it started as a 3ds game, not that it looked like a 3ds game now. Gees. It's graphically one of the worst looking games made by Nintendo on the switch.

Clearly I wasn't saying it was running at 240p. *face palm*

Almost every game Nintendo has made for the Switch is visually far more polished than this. This looks like it has a very low budget and it shows. Anyone that thinks this is a good-looking game must be a huge metroid fan. This isn't up to Nintendo's usual quality at all.

But like I said in my first post, I'm sure lots of people will still love the game, graphics aren't everything. I know there is a passionate fanbase behind metroid which explains everyones defensive reaction.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 02 September 2021

Zippy6 said:
Vodacixi said:

I said looks like it started as a 3ds game, not that it looked like a 3ds game now. Gees. It's graphically one of the worst looking games made by Nintendo on the switch.

Does this really look like a game that started developement on a console like... 50 times weaker than the Switch? I'm sorry, but that statement sounds like trolling. That or you don't actually know what a 3DS is. 

Btw, the game is not actually made by Nintendo. That would be Mercury Steam. But even if it was made by Nintendo, I think visually speaking it nicely falls on the category of games like Kirby Star Allies or New Pokémon Snap. Games that, while not graphical marvels, are very pretty on their own right. 

It's far from the worst Nintendo has pulled of on the Switch anyway. Fire Emblem Three Houses, Animal Crossing New Horizon or Pokémon Sword and Shield look inferior to me...