By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Dread discussion

curl-6 said:

Review scores aren't really a factor for me personally; I was already sold on the game, and I've enjoyed enough games with mixed reviews and hated enough games with Metacritic scores in the 90s to not put too much stock in what reviewers think.

The only reason I’m concerned with review scores is just how they will affect the sales of the game. But I’m with you on that. Many Wii games had terrible reviews but I still found a lot of enjoyment from them. Obviously you have to overlook some elements when it comes to bad games, like loading times, glitchy areas, bad story, etc, but as long as the core gameplay is enjoyable those things can be looked past. 

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
curl-6 said:

Review scores aren't really a factor for me personally; I was already sold on the game, and I've enjoyed enough games with mixed reviews and hated enough games with Metacritic scores in the 90s to not put too much stock in what reviewers think.

The only reason I’m concerned with review scores is just how they will affect the sales of the game. But I’m with you on that. Many Wii games had terrible reviews but I still found a lot of enjoyment from them. Obviously you have to overlook some elements when it comes to bad games, like loading times, glitchy areas, bad story, etc, but as long as the core gameplay is enjoyable those things can be looked past. 

Yeah I really liked plenty of Wii games in the "yellow" Meta category; Disney Epic Mickey, Pandora's Tower, Excite Truck, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, etc.

On the other hand, GTA4 has a 98 on Metacritic and I found it a complete bore.

Still, Dread seems to be scoring well, so hopefully they'll be no negative effect on sales.

I think reactions should be placed in their own thread if possible.

So far feels like a smoother evolution of Fusion.

Just got done with the first hour or so.
Enjoying it so far. Still getting used to the controls and sometimes it feels harder than it should be to jump up to a high ledge, as if its placed at the very limit of your jump arc instead of within more comfortable reach, but that's my only nitpick so far. It runs smooth, it oozes atmosphere, and its so damn refreshing to return to a silent, badass Samus.

Around the Network

Dealt with the first EMMI, Fusion is one of my top two in the series along with SM so I'm liking Dread so far anyone who has heavily played the former two will be fine in the latter, the EMMI are essentially the successor to SA-X only not as scripted.

How did you guys get your hands on it already?

Edit, just checked Amazon and it still shows delivering by 10pm tomorrow ....

The_Yoda said:

I live in Australia, it's already the afternoon of the 8th here.

I probably won't have my copy until Monday. Fuck me xD

The_Yoda said:

Edit, just checked Amazon and it still shows delivering by 10pm tomorrow ....

Digital copies unlock at midnight.