By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Dread discussion

Update: Now the game is out, since we're already discussing it here I changed the thread title to reflect that :)

Less than a month and a half to go now. Looks hype as hell.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 October 2021

Around the Network

Well i kind of moved on from 2D to Prime, but must say this one does look exceptional.

Looks awesome

Ill get this because its for free, but I'd not pay full price, its just a 2d metroid, and with the power of the switch I still see aliasing there, disappointing. The 3ds metroid was good, but nothing special, got repetitive quick. I just wanted a metroid prime 4 or a remaster of the trilogy. You'd think with the huge sales of the switch, Nintendo would take the opportunity to pump out these games, because there's huge sales potential. Where's prime4? Where's pikmin 4? Where's mario kart 9? almost 4 and half years since launch and still no mario kart? The same with a 2d mario game, the wiiU had one on launch day and it was my all time favourite mario 2d, the wii also had one, and so did the 3ds. And where smash bros? No smash bros the entire generation?

The switch is the most successful Nintendo console ever, they should take it seriously. It feels like Nintendo is just relaxing this generation. Mario tennis was disappointing compared to the previous ones, mario golf was just horrible. A whole generation without a new Donkey kong? A whole generation without Star fox?And what happened to wave race or F zero? What happend to pilot wings? 

What is nintendo doing? Arent they supposed to make games?

Most importantly, it's a Metroid game, and not Turok, Dinosaur Hunter in a Samus suit.

I guess the jury's still out on whether it's focus is open world exploration along the lines of the original Metroid, or if it's going to be more of a find-the-key linear experience. The former would be the key sales point for me. To this very day, I enjoy Metroid in all its 1986 glory.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
victor83fernandes said:

Ill get this because its for free, but I'd not pay full price, its just a 2d metroid, and with the power of the switch I still see aliasing there, disappointing. The 3ds metroid was good, but nothing special, got repetitive quick. I just wanted a metroid prime 4 or a remaster of the trilogy. You'd think with the huge sales of the switch, Nintendo would take the opportunity to pump out these games, because there's huge sales potential. Where's prime4? Where's pikmin 4? Where's mario kart 9? almost 4 and half years since launch and still no mario kart? The same with a 2d mario game, the wiiU had one on launch day and it was my all time favourite mario 2d, the wii also had one, and so did the 3ds. And where smash bros? No smash bros the entire generation?

The switch is the most successful Nintendo console ever, they should take it seriously. It feels like Nintendo is just relaxing this generation. Mario tennis was disappointing compared to the previous ones, mario golf was just horrible. A whole generation without a new Donkey kong? A whole generation without Star fox?And what happened to wave race or F zero? What happend to pilot wings? 

What is nintendo doing? Arent they supposed to make games?

To be fair the 3ds was remaking the worst Metroid game while this is completely original and had decades of development thought process behind it. What the heck do you mean no smash bros tho? lol idk your post is confusing. I've actually been waiting for Metroid Prime 4 to buy a switch, but I am buying this game at launch despite not owning a switch simply to support the franchise (I will eventually buy a switch anyway). The game imo looks great and I enjoy both 2D and 3D Metroid. I agree a trilogy remaster would be really nice. I recently was playing through my GBA copies of Fusion and Zero Mission and they still hold up for good fun. Personally I'm hyped. I'm just a little salty that the bots got to the special edition before I did. 

I’d like to be part of the hype for these videos and these discussions, but I’m one of those annoying people who don’t like spoilers (and even consider environments spoilers) but can’t wait to discuss after I beat the game. So excited that we’re just a little over a month away!

victor83fernandes said:

Ill get this because its for free, but I'd not pay full price, its just a 2d metroid

There comes the idea, 2D is somehow bad? We aren't in the 90s anymore, when everything needed the new gimmick 3D.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Absolutely can't wait!

Can't wait!!