By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2021: Los Angeles Rams Win Super Bowl LVI

Who will win Super Bowl LVI?

Kansas City Chiefs 2 9.09%

Buffalo Bills 2 9.09%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Cleveland Browns 1 4.55%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7 31.82%

Green Bay Packers 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 3 13.64%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other (AFC) 3 13.64%

Other (NFC) 1 4.55%

Total:22

The Mike White era ended quickly in New York. Back to Tales of Arise.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Aaron Rodgers, seemingly annoyed by this thread's title, took the time to justify his decision against receiving vaccination.

https://www.nfl.com/news/aaron-rodgers-explains-decision-to-not-get-covid-19-vaccination-in-first-comment

There are bits in there where one might think about giving Rodgers the benefit of the doubt, such as his complaints about nonsensical COVID-19 rules (we all know how logically inconsistent they have been), his statement of being allergic against certain ingredients in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, him being a man who believes in science, and nutjobs out there who are on a witch hunt.

But all that flies out of the window at the point where Rodgers received homeopathic treatment to raise his antibody levels in order to get an exemption. Anyone who dabbles in homeopathy is not grounded in reality, so the statement about his alleged allergy may as well be a lie to have a solid sounding excuse. After all, among the other reasons he cites are clearly unfounded concerns, such as a potential loss of fertility. Rodgers is just the typical guy who is against vaccination because he wants to be the special guy who won't let anyone else tell him what to do, even if that means to live with a worse result than otherwise. It's all about clinging to a principle due to a wrong sense of pride.

For these reasons the thread title won't change. Sorry, Aaron.

It wasn't so long ago that Joshua Kimmich, a star player of Bayern Munich (real football club), admitted to the media that he isn't vaccinated. When asked for the reasons why, he stumbled much like Rodgers with concerns that had no scientific basis. While Kimmich did not catch an infection with the corona virus, the following game of Bayern Munich was a defeat of historic proportions as if karma wanted to punish all the foolishness.

Will the Packers share the same fate? I don't think so. The franchise has experienced too many embarrassing defeats already for something of historic proportions to occur this Sunday.

Not to mention the allergies excuse is clearly a lie. If he seriously had allergies to the vaccine, which is a legitimate medical exemption BTW, why didn't he bring that up when first asked about his vaccination status he deliberately mislead people about? He's also lying about wearing masks everywhere except around people he knows are vaccinated seeing how he just recently hung out with Miles Teller, a well-known anti-vaxxer who recently shut down production on The Godfather TV series after getting himself infected with Covid unmasked.

What a clown. All respect just flew out the window. And to think he pulled this shit on a mini-bye week fresh off the biggest win of the year by any team with a dream matchup we were denied twice on the up knowing several of his teammates were unvaccinated and his D coordinator just went down with Covid. Aw well, at least now we'll get to see what we have in Jordan Love.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 06 November 2021

I’d like to change my pick for the Cardinals-49ers game to a 49ers win. Due to Kyler Murray, DeAndre Hopkins, AJ Green, and JJ Watt all likely out.

I do want to give Aaron Rodgers the benefit of the doubt and believe he does have some allergy to one of the ingredients in 2 of the vaccines. With that said, he should have come clean about it in the first place, instead he said he was "immunized." Aaron also never said what exactly his immunization process was because it's between him and his doctors. I do think there are irregulates with certain covid protocols I do agree with him on that are kind of bs, but that doesn't change the fact he could have avoided this mess if he was honest from the beginning.

RolStoppable said:
smroadkill15 said:

I do want to give Aaron Rodgers the benefit of the doubt and believe he does have some allergy to one of the ingredients in 2 of the vaccines. With that said, he should have come clean about it in the first place, instead he said he was "immunized." Aaron also never said what exactly his immunization process was because it's between him and his doctors. I do think there are irregulates with certain covid protocols I do agree with him on that are kind of bs, but that doesn't change the fact he could have avoided this mess if he was honest from the beginning.

Nah, honesty would have resulted in a mess much sooner. When a man behaves inherently stupid and irrational, the timing of honesty doesn't matter. Homeopathy, for god's sake.

The mess could have been avoided if he had done the reasonable thing and got his vaccination shots, because he knew all along that his job is one with close contact to around 100 people on a weekly basis. He also has to be well aware of sports star being perceived as role models among many young people, so it was always a given that it would be a bad look for him if he resisted against doing the reasonable thing. Nobody in their right mind believes that Aaron Rodgers' body is so vulnerable that it couldn't handle vaccination when so many million people in (much) worse shape could handle it.

Rodgers vs. Mahomes wasn't stolen from us due to bad injury luck, but solely due to a completely avoidable situation that is all on Rodgers. Worst part for him is that this gives an opportunity to Love on the big stage, and if Love performs well, then this might really be the last season of Rodgers for the Packers. And it would happen in a way where Rodgers himself is the guy who proves it to the Packers that his time is up, essentially the very thing that he worked his hardest to avoid since Love got drafted by the team.

EDIT:

I didn't know about this partnership, but it makes sense that it has ended.

https://www.nfl.com/news/aaron-rodgers-prevea-health-end-nine-year-partnership

Can't have someone as a spokesperson who sounds like an idiot because he is an idiot. At least for Rodgers' sake, Prevea Health has the dignity to decline any further comments on the subject to protect Rodgers from further humiliation.

I don't know the whole allergy thing just sounds weird, if it was true he could have got exempt. I know a girl here that we call bubble girl because she is allergic to half the things in the world lol and she even took the vaccine and has been fine.  

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

Whether or not he is allergic to the vaccine is pretty irrelevant, he did not have to take it. If people do not want to inject something into their bodies, I think they should have that right, even if it's a dumb decision, in most circumstances. But, then it's entirely reasonable for other alternative measures to be taken, such as daily testing for instance. Not sure I necessarily agree with every measure the NFL takes for vaccinated players, they're not so onerous that I wouldn't follow them for millions of dollars per game.

I'm doing my picks from a touch-only cell and don't have time to screw around with formatting.

IND
MIA
DAL
BAL
NE
BUF
CIN
LV
NO
LAC
KC
ARI
LAR
PIT

BYEBYENYJ-IND2ATL-NO2
DEN-DAL2NE-CAR1MIN-BAL2CLE-CIN1
BUF-JAX1HOU-MIA2LV-NYG1LAC-PHI1
GB-KC2ARI-SF1TEN-LAR2CHI-PIT2

BYEBYENYJ-IND2ATL-NO2
DEN-DAL2NE-CAR1MIN-BAL1CLE-CIN2
BUF-JAX1HOU-MIA1LV-NYG2LAC-PHI1
GB-KC2ARI-SF2TEN-LAR2CHI-PIT

PIT by 30 on MNF

Green Bay Packers QBs of recent always end on a bad note. Rodgers must have been taking advice from Farve. Maybe Farve forwarded him a dick pic?