By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2021: Los Angeles Rams Win Super Bowl LVI

Who will win Super Bowl LVI?

Kansas City Chiefs 2 9.09%

Buffalo Bills 2 9.09%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Cleveland Browns 1 4.55%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7 31.82%

Green Bay Packers 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 3 13.64%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other (AFC) 3 13.64%

Other (NFC) 1 4.55%

Total:22

I like the hero pick idea. Should make for some interesting situations.

Around the Network

Always loved prediction league. Sorry was an ass last year. Always loved Brady because grew up in Ohio and hated on Ohio State and liked Michigan. Was Mahomes vs Brady but I swear to god refs were totally against anything Chiefs last year and the turned over interception proved it early in Super Bowl. I'm still Mahomes because went to Texas Tech but honestly don't give a fuck who wins. If I put money down I'd say Chiefs. Gronk still playing on Bucs though?

This should be an interesting season with the 17 game schedule.

Hoping my 49ers rebound strong now that Trey Lance has arrived! It's only a matter of time before he becomes the starter! But the O-line outside of Trent Williams really has me worried.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 23 August 2021

Should be a fun season. Cam and Mac both looking good in the preseason and Belicheck went shopping for weapons during the offseason. Here's hoping we can at least take back our division.

Hero pick will probably most benefit the people lower in the standings as they are more likely to pick ridiculous picks, and sometimes get it right.

Around the Network

I'm probably going to be even worse than I was last year. I have been 95 percent NBA in 2021, and I can't even remember any significant FA signings for my own team, let alone any others, besides JJ Watt to the Cardinals.

I'm going to be mailing it in more than usual for the first couple of months, lol.

Browns are winning the superbowl

Aaron Rodgers is a whiny lil' bitch who couldn't get their way.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

DAL-TB 2 JAX-HOU 1 LAC-WAS 1 SEA-IND 2
NYJ-CAR 1 MIN-CIN 1 ARI-TEN 2 SF-DET 1
PIT-BUF 2 PHI-ATL 2 CLE-KC 1 GB-NO 1
DEN-NYG 2 MIA-NE 1 CHI-LAR 2 BAL-LV 1
Some of these are easy. Like the Ravens against the Raiders. The 49ers, even without Garoppolo or Lance should beat the Lions. The Texans, without Watson, Hopkins, or Watt are pretty much dead in the water. The Cowboys, even if they have Dak Prescott and their entire team healthy, are simply no match for the defending champs. 
The Saints without Dree Brees should be interesting to see. 
The BIG time game for Week 1 is obviously the Browns and the Chiefs. (The matchup that I predict is going to be the AFC Championship game this year.)
Obviously, we all know how great the Chiefs are and what to expect from them. (Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, CEH, etc.) But if there's one team in the AFC, on paper anyways, who is built to beat the Chiefs, it's the Cleveland Browns. Getting OBJ back alongside Jarvis Landry and Peoples-Jones SHOULD be a big boost. Add that with their running game with Chubb and Hunt, and you've got a loaded offense that can keep the Chiefs' defense on their toes.
And on the other side of the ball.... OOF. A D-line with Myles Garrett and Jadeveon Clowney on opposite ends. Oh Good God. That's going to lift their defense up to another level. And with the Chiefs losing Eric Fisher, their O-line took a hit this offseason. This could be shades of the Super Bowl where their O-line gets tossed around like rag dolls and Mahomes has to run for his life trying desperately to find an open man before he gets taken down. 
Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 05 September 2021

Category #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East BUF NE MIA NYJ
AFC North CLE BAL PIT CIN
AFC South IND TEN JAX HOU
AFC West KC LAC DEN LV
NFC East DAL NYG WAS PHI
NFC North GB CHI MIN DET
NFC South TB ATL NO CAR
NFC West SF LAR SEA ARZ
#1 Draft Pick HOU - - -
AFC Division Winners CLE KC BUF IND