By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2021: Los Angeles Rams Win Super Bowl LVI

Who will win Super Bowl LVI?

Kansas City Chiefs 2 9.09%

Buffalo Bills 2 9.09%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Cleveland Browns 1 4.55%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7 31.82%

Green Bay Packers 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 3 13.64%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other (AFC) 3 13.64%

Other (NFC) 1 4.55%

Total:22

I was about to have a heart attack when I saw Deebo go down!

Around the Network

Rams-Bengals.

I feel for Jimmy. Hope to see him win it all one day.

So amped to get the best possible SB matchup out of the 4 remaining teams. Stafford getting over the playoff hump and winning the SB his first year out of Detroit and the home team hosting and winning the SB for the second year in a row (I know the AFC is technically the home team this year, but it's effectively the Rams' home Super Bowl) along with Aaron Donald getting a ring vs. Joey B winning the big one in his second season coming off that ACL tear after decades of misery in Cincy.

It's great to have a SB where I'd be perfectly fine with either team winning for once. And LOL @ Garoppolo.

As someone who regularly craps on Jimmy and can't wait to finally move on to Trey Lance...
He didn't play that bad today, he actually had a pretty good game (save for that TO that ended the game.)
The Rams just shut down our running game and our defense ran out of gas.
Credit to them.

Good day of football. Congrats to Bengals and Rams fans

Around the Network

Quality football!

Bengals vs Rams is definitely good.

No joke, when I was a kid and didn't care much about american football, I watched the Bengals because my home town is the Tigers. So close enough eh!

Sucks though that the 2 teams from AFC North and NFC West are not the Steelers vs 49ers. That would be the dream.

RolStoppable said:

This means the final is Farsala vs. RolStoppable. The predictions for Super Bowl LVI will be sent to @Angelus who has to keep in mind the special rule: In case that both predictions are identical, he has to inform both predictors of this fact, because otherwise it would be right away a foregone conclusion who will win (in this case, it would be me due to the previous tie-breaking procedures). Should it happen that both predictions are identical a second time, then that's how it will be without any further notice.

Noted. 

I promise to not abuse this responsibility by misleading one or both of you, forcing the picks to be changed for no reason.

hatmoza said:

List of Tom Brady's accomplishments.

Tom Brady's 22-year career:
* 7X Super Bowl champion
* 5X Super Bowl MVP
* 3X NFL MVP
* did not rape women like Ben Rothlisberger
* 15X Pro Bowl
* 6X All Pro
* NFL's all time passing TD leader (624)
* NFL's all passing yard leader (85,520)
* Most career wins: 243

I almost clicked the thumbs up button on your post in acknowledgement of Brady's accomplishments until I noticed that you couldn't resist letting your Big Ben obsession mar it.  Bizarre.

So far, I'm still alive in the poll with my vote for "Other (AFC)" as the Super Bowl winner this year.  A majority of the poll had expected a Tampa Bay repeat, but the Rams already bounced them in the divisional round.  The Chiefs were the last specifically named AFC team to be knocked out.  Of the available options, the Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, and New Orleans Saints failed to even reach the playoffs.  The one person who chose the Rams has the only chance of not only getting the conference right, but their specific team choice being in the poll.

Who will win Super Bowl LVI?

Kansas City Chiefs 2 10.00%

Buffalo Bills 2 10.00%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Cleveland Browns 1 5.00%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7 35.00%

Green Bay Packers 3 15.00%

Los Angeles Rams 1 5.00%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other (AFC) 3 15.00%

Other (NFC) 1 5.00%

Total: 20

I'll root for the Bengals in this one since an AFC win would even the Super Bowl win count against the NFC at 28 wins each.  Something that seemed a long way off in the mid-90's when the NFC had won 13 consecutive Super Bowls to take a 19-12 win lead.  Until John Elway, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, and Peyton Manning whittled it back down with multiple wins each.

Last edited by Mandalore76 - on 31 January 2022