By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2021: Los Angeles Rams Win Super Bowl LVI

Who will win Super Bowl LVI?

Kansas City Chiefs 2 9.09%

Buffalo Bills 2 9.09%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Cleveland Browns 1 4.55%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7 31.82%

Green Bay Packers 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 3 13.64%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other (AFC) 3 13.64%

Other (NFC) 1 4.55%

Total:22
RolStoppable said:
Farsala said:

LMAO, well said.

Only you and me knew the true 49ers.

Yup, that was a bummer. Plus the other late Sunday games ended up costing the prediction league too.

The Football Team is now in great position to make the playoffs. 5 games left, 5 of them against NFC East teams. I don't see them finishing below 9-8 and I see hardly anyone else in the NFC wild card hunt getting to 9-8, so I expect only seven NFC teams to finish with a positive record.

Heinicke gonna be getting paid starter money next season. 

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

Ravens miss it

In hindsight. Dumb call. But ... balls

EDIT- Ravens scored a TD in the last seconds of the game against Steelers. the extra point would have tied the game and sent the game in over time. Ravens go for to and the win and Lamar misses a wide open pass.

*With T.J. Watt directly in his face forcing him to throw the awkward pass.

The thing I was cursing the most at the end of that game, was Boswell kicking the ball out of bounds after Pittsburgh's go ahead score to start the Ravens final possession at the 40 yard line.  If the Ravens don't get that first 40 yards for free on that drive, they probably don't even get into the endzone in a minute 30 with 1 timeout. 

As much as I agree that it takes balls to go for 2 rather than an extra point to go for Overtime, I also think Harbaugh's rationale was that the Steelers just scored 17 points in the 4th Quarter, and he didn't want to take the chance of Big Ben getting to lead another game winning drive against his defense.

I'm genuinely rooting for NE to go all the way. I'm such a fan of this team. What they are doing cannot be put into words. I personally believe they are the best team in the NFL. And they are with a rookie QB. It's insane. I have nothing but respect for Bill, and that team.

They fucking ran a 50 year old playbook and won. Who does that these days?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Mandalore76 said:
hatmoza said:

Ravens miss it

In hindsight. Dumb call. But ... balls

EDIT- Ravens scored a TD in the last seconds of the game against Steelers. the extra point would have tied the game and sent the game in over time. Ravens go for to and the win and Lamar misses a wide open pass.

The thing I was cursing the most at the end of that game, was Boswell kicking the ball out of bounds after Pittsburgh's go ahead score to start the Ravens final possession at the 40 yard line.  If the Ravens don't get that first 40 yards for free on that drive, they probably don't even get into the endzone in a minute 30 with 1 timeout. 

As much as I agree that it takes balls to go for 2 rather than an extra point to go for Overtime, I also think Harbaugh's rationale was that the Steelers just scored 17 points in the 4th Quarter, and he didn't want to take the chance of Big Ben getting to lead another game winning drive against his defense.

The only other NFL personality I gush over is T.J. Watt, and I fucking hate the Steelers. I was so happy for him when he got his bag when he pseudo held out in the beginning of the season.

You guys have general kicker issues. Remember when you played the Browns and you had a fake FG and put the ball in the kickers hand, and he got tackled into the next life? WTF were the Steelers thinking? I've never seen a kicker situation so bad that a team played the remainder of the game going for it on 4th instead of the FG, and going for 2PT conversions after a TD. It was entertaining to say the least.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

LudicrousSpeed said:

Tonight is just another example of why Teddy B is a pile of flaming garbage.

He must have dirt on Fangio. That's the only explanation. At his worst times, Lock was not this painfully average to below average.

That was bad. He doesn't look like an NFL at all.

Why isn't Drew Locke playing? I'm assuming you are a Bronco fan so I would like some of your insight.

Around the Network

Thinking back to the MIN DET... what an embarrassment to be THE team to give the winless Lions their first win.

This is corporate NFL ... people have to get fired before the Vikings next game in my opinion. And I can't wait to get my popcorn ready.

hatmoza said:
Mandalore76 said:

The only other NFL personality I gush over is T.J. Watt, and I fucking hate the Steelers. I was so happy for him when he got his bag when he pseudo held out in the beginning of the season.

You guys have general kicker issues. Remember when you played the Browns and you had a fake FG and put the ball in the kickers hand, and he got tackled into the next life? WTF were the Steelers thinking? I've never seen a kicker situation so bad that a team played the remainder of the game going for it on 4th instead of the FG, and going for 2PT conversions after a TD. It was entertaining to say the least.

Yeah, agree on both.  T.J. Watt should have been named Defensive MVP last year.  He earned it.  Aaron Donald is a beast, but Watt statistically had the better season.  Donald really didn't need to be named MVP for the 3rd time in 4 years.  I think Watt got robbed.  I say that as a Steeler fan, but I think Watt's performance speaks for itself.

T.J. Watt 2020
15 Sacks, 41 QB Hits, 53 Tackles (43 Solo, 23 for Loss), 1 Interception, 7 Pass Deflections, 2 Forced Fumbles, 0 Fumbles Recovered

Aaron Donald 2020
13.5 Sacks, 28 QB Hits, 45 Tackles (27 Solo, 14 for Loss), 0 Interceptions, 1 Pass Deflections, 4 Forced Fumbles, 1 Fumbles Recovered

Boswell can be frustrating at times, but it's understandable why they keep him.  Heinz Field is not a kicker friendly stadium, but Bos is 7 for 7 on 50+ yard Field Goals this year (6 of them at Home).  He is 24 of 25 on Field Goals for the year (but has missed 2 PAT's).  Last year, he was 19 of 20 on Field Goals, but missed 4 PAT's.  All of the games that he missed an extra point in, the Steelers won anyway, so it's hard to hold against him overall.

I do remember Boswell getting injured against the Browns.  To be honest, he held onto the football way longer than he should have trying to make something happen, when clearly it wasn't going to work.  Which is why he got wrecked.  Most teams don't have an extra kicker holding a roster space.  So Punter Pressley Harvin handled kickoff duties for the rest of the game, but I guess they didn't trust him to attempt Field Goals or PAT's.

hatmoza said:

Thinking back to the MIN DET... what an embarrassment to be THE team to give the winless Lions their first win.

This is corporate NFL ... people have to get fired before the Vikings next game in my opinion. And I can't wait to get my popcorn ready.

To be honest, the Lions should have gotten their first win against the Ravens on 9/26.  Go back and watch the highlights.  On the 2nd and 10 play from the Lions 48, the Play Clock clearly runs past "0" well before the ball is ever snapped.  There were 7 seconds left on the Game Clock.  A Delay of Game penalty would have resulted not just in a 5 yard loss, but more importantly, a 10 second runoff which would have ended the game before the record setting Field Goal would have even been attempted.  I remember seeing the end of that game at Buffalo Wild Wings with my friend's family.  His son is a Lions fan and he was devastated by that one.

Edit - Here's a snapshot taken a full second after the Play Clock hit Zero.  The offensive lineman are still adjusting their stances and the ball is still firmly grounded in the Center's hand.

Anyway, I'm just glad the Lions first win didn't come against Pittsburgh while Roethlisberger was out for the week with Covid.

Last edited by Mandalore76 - on 07 December 2021

BYEBYEPIT-MIN1DAL-WAS2
JAX-TEN2SEA-HOU1LV-KC2NO-NYJ1
ATL-CAR2BAL-CLE1NYG-LAC2DET-DEN2
SF-CIN2BUF-TB2CHI-GB2LAR-ARI2

The best performance of week 13 was Tom Brady with 368 passing yards and four touchdowns. Honorable mentions go to the Detroit Lions for finally winning a game especially since that win had a very high degree of difficulty, since it came with a fourth and two pass with almost no time left on the clock.