Other (AFC) 3 17.65%

Other (NFC) 1 5.88%

Total:17

NFL won't stop with the upsets.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

I never recall an NFL season so wide open

Yup, it's crazy.

In the AFC we have ten teams with positive records, followed by two 5-5 teams. Even the Dolphins are now back in the discussion after three straight wins and with a 4-6 record, because the fifth seed in the AFC is only 6-4. Only the Jets, Texans and Jaguars are hopeless cases, because aside from their 2-8 records, they've also looked very bad too often this season.

In the NFC there are only five teams with positive records, followed by three 5-5 teams. This leaves everyone all the way down to the 3-7 Seahawks with a realistic chance to claim a playoff spot, so in the NFC it's only the 0-9-1 Lions that are hopeless.

Shaunodon said:

I do not understand why the Steelers refused to run the ball, especially after that last turnover with a chance to essentially shut the game out. They made no progress and took no time off the clock, leaving far too many options available for the Chargers, who then scored an easy TD on a blown coverage against a tired defense. Mind-boggling.

The Steelers did what they did because I had picked them. It's a trend that my picks do stupid things to give games away. The NFL conspires against me.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Shaunodon said:

I do not understand why the Steelers refused to run the ball, especially after that last turnover with a chance to essentially shut the game out. They made no progress and took no time off the clock, leaving far too many options available for the Chargers, who then scored an easy TD on a blown coverage against a tired defense. Mind-boggling.

Yeah, as a Steelers fan, I can admit that drive for the go-ahead field goal was frustrating to watch.  They took over the ball already in scoring range and made no effort to keep the clock running.  3 straight passes, and on the lone reception, James Washington made no effort to stay in bounds.  The drive took 19 seconds off the clock.  To be fair, the patchwork offensive line of the Steelers struggles to open holes against even the most porous defensive fronts.  Pittsburgh averaged only 3.1 yards per carry for the entire game.  But, that was a crucial sequence where they should have made every effort to run some clock.  In the end, it didn't really matter, because they gave up the game winning score in 3 plays.  Herbert likely would not have had the field day that he had if Minkah Fitzpatrick, Joe Haden, and TJ Watt weren't all out.  But it is what it is.  Steelers showed a lot of fight at the end of the game.  They need to step up against Cincinnati next week.

BYECHI-DET1LV-DAL2BUF-NO1
TB-IND1NYJ-HOU2PHI-NYG1CAR-MIA1
TEN-NE1PIT-CIN1ATL-JAX1LAC-DEN1
LAR-GB2MIN-SF1CLE-BAL2SEA-WAS1

ANNOUNCEMENT - Week 11 Results and Standings

View the spreadsheet with all collected data here. Check your own statlines and let me know if there are any mistakes.

Heroes of the week: hatmoza, LudicrousSpeed, NobleTeam360, Shaunodon.

It was a good week for the prediction league with almost everyone attaining a positive record. Hero picks went 4 of 12 (33.3%) this week, dropping the total season's success rate to 43.1%. Shaunodon's hand for hero picks remains uncanny, now at a perfect 7/7.

#UsernameRecordPP
1Chris Hu11-44
1Shaunodon11-45
2hatmoza10-53
2NobleTeam36010-53
2PAOerfulone10-52
3burninmylight9-61
3castor9-61
3LudicrousSpeed9-62
3sethnintendo9-61
4Angelus8-7-
4RolStoppable8-7-
5Farsala7-8-
5Level1Death7-8-

Shaunodon extends his lead in the standings to three games while the bulk shows some minor position changes. Half the league is still under .600, so let's hope that by the season's end everyone gets at least above this rather unspectacular threshold.

#UsernameRecordPct.PP#1-3#1#2#3HPPW
1Shaunodon114-51.69136106137-
2sethnintendo111-54.67330104246-
3castor103-62.6241310-281-
4PAOerfulone102-63.618188-624-
5Farsala100-65.6061571332-
6Chris Hu100-65.6061471331-
7LudicrousSpeed99-66.6001852126-
8Level1Death98-67.594126-333-
9Angelus96-69.582125-413-
10burninmylight96-69.58287-16--
11hatmoza95-70.5761251222-
12RolStoppable95-70.57674-221-
13NobleTeam36094-71.5702281348-

Looking ahead to week 12, it's Thanksgiving with three games on Thursday. This will presumably be the final week of the prediction league, because I am now on the brink of dropping to last place for good. If that happens, it's over.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
TB-IND1NYJ-HOU2PHI-NYG1CAR-MIA2
TEN-NE2PIT-CIN2ATL-JAX1LAC-DEN1
LAR-GB2MIN-SF2CLE-BAL2SEA-WAS1

RolStoppable said:

Looking ahead to week 12, it's Thanksgiving with three games on Thursday. This will presumably be the final week of the prediction league, because I am now on the brink of dropping to last place for good. If that happens, it's over.

Welcome to the basement!

You're new around here, aren't ya? Yeah. Don't recall you ever sharing the basement with me in the last few years. It's not as bad as it looks! Noble over there teaches us about opportunity. He's always so optimistic. He never gives up on himself even though people thought he was hopelessly doomed some months ago. He also makes some mean hotdogs from the fully stocked box freezer over there.

Oh? Those two at the top of the basement stairs pressing their ears against the door? That's Angel and Light, and their names are no coincidence. You see they dream of leaving this basement to ascend near the company of their great God, Seth. Rumor has it though that Seth was severely injured and dethroned by a newer, younger, better looking, rising God named Shaun. But we cannot truly confirm that. Although one day Angel and Light could possibly leave this basement by the mercy of the Basement Gatekeepers, I don't think they will ever reach the heights of those "Gods". Heck I've been here so long I question such existences. How do I know all this stuff? Well ask Angel over there. Angel swears his brother, Death, just from behind the door, speaks to him through code, a coded language of gentle knocks they created as kids. No one but him hears it, and all we have is his word. But to entertain his claims he says there are 3 anonymous Gatekeepers, I guess this code doesn't use the alphabet because Angel conveniently can't get their actual names but Angel calls them "The Fool", "The Ho", and "The Greek Gyro" based on his decodings.

The two people we do know for certain that exist upstairs are castor and PAO... them? oh nothing special about those two only that they like to open those ceiling hatchets up their and urinate on us when we are asleep. Assholes.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Don't worry Rol, I'll make some more terrible decisions and keep you out of last place. I'm willing to take that bullet for the collective lol

TB-IND1NYJ-HOU2PHI-NYG1CAR-MIA2
TEN-NE1PIT-CIN2ATL-JAX1LAC-DEN1
LAR-GB2MIN-SF1CLE-BAL1SEA-WAS1

Football on TV all day! Big turkey baking in the oven! Friends and family having themselves a feast!

Tomorrow! Best holiday of the year! Hell yes!