By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Really Is Out of Touch

CaptainExplosion said:

Please, someone just close this thread. It's become bogged down by corporate Nintendo defenders who think I'm OK WITH SOME PROFITING FROM SWITCH ROMS ON A ROM SITE WHEN I'M NOT.

Stop whining. You could've easily made the point about legacy games without even bringing up the pirated roms. So you already set the course in the OP and undermined your own argument by conflating it with piracy.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Please, someone just close this thread. It's become bogged down by corporate Nintendo defenders who think I'm OK WITH SOME PROFITING FROM SWITCH ROMS ON A ROM SITE WHEN I'M NOT.

Stop whining. You could've easily made the point about legacy games without even bringing up the pirated roms. So you already set the course in the OP and undermined your own argument by conflating it with piracy.

That's why I want this thread closed. Now it's just being used to humiliate me and glorify corporate shortsightedness.



How is that shortsightedness?



CaptainExplosion said:
Agente42 said:

Virtual Console on wii it´s good money, have one problem: compete with new games. Nintendo sacrifice virtual console for sales of new games( indies and AAA titles have increased sales)

That's a stupid reason for getting rid of Virtual Console. What's next, killing off all of Nintendo's IPs except Mario so that they'll sell more Mario?

Agreed. The rumors say have not full agreement, and some Nintendo devs and teams want Virtual Console back. 

I love virtual Console and want one system where you can migrate for the new system and migrate entirely Virtual Console library. 



Kakadu18 said:

How is that shortsightedness?

Ignoring the long-term benefits to their customers in favor of short-term financial benefits to themselves. I bet they'd have profited more on Virtual Console in the long run if they had it on Switch to begin with, instead of a substandard subscription system.



Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Mnementh said:

Stop whining. You could've easily made the point about legacy games without even bringing up the pirated roms. So you already set the course in the OP and undermined your own argument by conflating it with piracy.

That's why I want this thread closed. Now it's just being used to humiliate me and glorify corporate shortsightedness.

Hey, I am with you, that Nintendo doesn't do well with their legacy games. But that doesn't mean I put that down at that they sued this ROM-site.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

How is that shortsightedness?

Ignoring the long-term benefits to their customers in favor of short-term financial benefits to themselves. I bet they'd have profited more on Virtual Console in the long run if they had it on Switch to begin with, instead of a substandard subscription system.

You don't even know how much profit they made with VC and how much they're making now with NSO.



CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

How is that shortsightedness?

Ignoring the long-term benefits to their customers in favor of short-term financial benefits to themselves. I bet they'd have profited more on Virtual Console in the long run if they had it on Switch to begin with, instead of a substandard subscription system.

You continue to amaze me.  You have it literally backwards.

VC=short term (one time sale)

Subscription=long term (continous revenue)

Take an economics class, seriously 

26,000,000 members for Nintendo online.

$20 a year is $520,000,000 a year in CONTINUED revenue....  and growing

Again I loathe subscriptions, but it is a highly profitable long term flow of cash.  Sony makes a killing from PSN.  I get why they do it.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 20 August 2021

I don't know why it has taken this many decades for you guys to final realise something is wrong with the way Nintendo treats you.

Nintendo innovation strikes again.



DitchPlaya said:

I don't know why it has taken this many decades for you guys to final realise something is wrong with the way Nintendo treats you.

Nintendo innovation strikes again.

Nintendo ‘treats’ me just fine. Whatever that means anyway; they don’t know me. But that's because I only buy what I actually want and don't feel obligated or entitled to do/get/subscribe to anything myself.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 21 August 2021