By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Sales Comparison Charts July 2021 Discussion Thread

I can see PS4 topping 49M in europe total, or at the very best going close to 50M lifetime there but not 51 or even almost 52M (what it is needed to outsell the DS)

Around the Network
yo33331 said:

I can see PS4 topping 49M in europe total, or at the very best going close to 50M lifetime there but not 51 or even almost 52M (what it is needed to outsell the DS)

It depends how long Sony keeps producing the PS4 and of those units how many are being shipped to Europe. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

If Sony really really wanted to, I think they could push PS4 easily beyond NDS sales. But they dont really have a economical reason to do so.
If everything just keeps on going like currently, then PS4 will not do it.

Yeah it'll depend on how long they keep making the PS4 and how it performs in holiday seasons post-replacement, but at this rate there's not much incentive for Sony to push it hard. If I had to guess I'd say it'll be discontinued 2023 but produced at only a low level from here on out to make more room for PS5.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 September 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.