By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS4 shipped 117.2M by Dec 31st 2023. Will it beat Gameboy?

I think it will go over 120M as gaming is getting bigger and bigger. However, it depends on the life of the PS5 really. Also, there is some stiffer competition these days

Around the Network
S.Peelman said in august:

It’s not going to make it. It won’t have a holiday boost to speak of.

Ahem.

PS4 is done, it won’t beat GameBoy.

I don't see that PS4 will outsell GameBoy and I can't imagine that it will sell 1m in 2022 (my prediction is below 800k).

Before 2020 I never would have imagined that the PS4 would end up doing anything below 120M, and now there's a pretty high chance that it won't even outsell the GB.

@SegaHeart I can easily see the PS5 lasting 10 years on the market because I feel like this generation might be a year or two longer than the PS3 & PS4. I feel like 7 years would be too short.

Around the Network

Do they even sell it new anywhere?  Not here in USA that I'm aware of. Maybe some other countries.

I would have gotten one maybe more recently used but heard the Gran Turismo was pretty much shit on it.  Believe they made the single player a little better with patches.  Then I think you have to pay for online for new one even to play single player.  Not interested at moment.