By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 Moves Up to the 17th Position (*NA)

What is the Highest Position Switch Will Reach?

The Number One Spot 2 15.38%

Second is Good Enough 8 61.54%

Third isn't Too Shabby 3 23.08%

Total:13

Not only do I think it can crack top five, I think it can crack top three.

Around the Network
Doctor_MG said:

Not only do I think it can crack top five, I think it can crack top three.

It'll crack the top 3 100% by the of end of this holiday season, if not before that. 

New poll added. When will the PS5 be passed by the Xbox Series?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Like, in overall sales? I definitely don't think it would be this year, and even if, how would we know if Microsoft doesn't announce console sales anymore?

gtotheunit91 said:

Like, in overall sales? I definitely don't think it would be this year, and even if, how would we know if Microsoft doesn't announce console sales anymore?

Just North America.  

Only going by VGChartz hardware totals.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Here is the current difference as of the last updated count.

*March 26th 2022

gtotheunit91 said:

NPD doesn’t announce granular sales data but they do sometimes announce relative positioning, saying stuff like “console X outsold console Y this month” 

anyway, as for the previous question, I do actually think the Xbox Series passes the PS5 in LTD sales this year in the US. Series X stock appears to be drastically improving and the Series S will continue to be widely available, and will also sell well this holiday. 

DroidKnight said:

Here is the current difference as of the last updated count.

*March 26th 2022

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. In that case, much sooner than expected lol. I'll cast my vote. 

The Xbox Series was able to wipe out a huge chunk of the PS5's lead.  The gap has now been closed to ~170,000.  

Poll will be closed before the next update to the hardware numbers so there is still some time left to vote.  So far a majority of voters (60%) don't believe that Xbox will make the pass on the PS5.  

Either this summer or never.