By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 Moves Up to the 17th Position (*NA)

What is the Highest Position Switch Will Reach?

The Number One Spot 2 15.38%

Second is Good Enough 8 61.54%

Third isn't Too Shabby 3 23.08%

Total:13
DroidKnight said:

The Nintendo Switch has taken 9th place bumping the NES down to 10th. How long will it take to reach the PS4?

I'm going with June 2022.

Around the Network

The Xbox Series has moved up another position to enter the top 25, bumping the Dreamcast down to the 26th spot.  The Atari 7800 is within sight.  All other positions have remained unchanged.  Which device will be the next one to make a move?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

padib said:

I just realized that the X360 was the 3rd all-time best-selling console in the US, right under the DS and the PS2. Impressive.

Blame @d12lewis for buying 8

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Didn't realize Xbox One did so well in NA. Should be a great generation for them with significantly more exclusives by the end of the generation. It's too bad gaming wasn't bigger in the 80's and 90's the SNES deserved so many more sales.

Shadow1980 said:

It's hard to make any definitive statements on the state of the sales race between PS & Xbox for this generation because it's still more of a supply issue than a demand issue. But once the chip shortages are over and the Series X|S starts to really benefit from MS's various acquisitions, I think we should see a very close race. It wouldn't even surprise me if the Series X|S squeaked out a narrow victory in the U.S.

Very close race? You mean NA market right? Cause, I doubt the difference is less than 3:2 in worldwide sales.
Only NA, yes, it will probably be close, maybe the Xbox will even get an advantage, unlikely but possible.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
Manlytears said:

Very close race? You mean NA market right? Cause, I doubt the difference is less than 3:2 in worldwide sales.
Only NA, yes, it will probably be close, maybe the Xbox will even get an advantage, unlikely but possible.

Yes. Just NA. And possibly also the UK, which often closely mirrors the U.S./NA market.

Fair enough, I completely agree with you.
The future promises to be interesting, possibly with some surprises.

kirby007 said:
padib said:

I just realized that the X360 was the 3rd all-time best-selling console in the US, right under the DS and the PS2. Impressive.

Blame @d12lewis for buying 8

I do think more than any console in history that the 360 benefitted from hardware failure as a means to achieve these phenomenal numbers.  The PS2 certainly had its hiccups at launch but the RROD continued throughout the generation.  And we Americans, having grown up on American cars that always break down but that we still love and continue buying, were primed to repeat purchase the 360 umpteen times.  I'm not trying for trolling or flamebait here.  So many people in my personal world were on their 4th Xbox360 and had no problem going back to the store to buy another.  It was almost like something you just had to do. The machine and its games were that compelling to this audience.

Shadow1980 said:

It's hard to make any definitive statements on the state of the sales race between PS & Xbox for this generation because it's still more of a supply issue than a demand issue. But once the chip shortages are over and the Series X|S starts to really benefit from MS's various acquisitions, I think we should see a very close race in the U.S., Canada, UK, and other Xbox-friendly markets. It wouldn't even surprise me if the Series X|S squeaked out a narrow victory in the U.S.

*Edited for clarification.

Anecdotally I doubt there's a shortage for Series S, at least in the UK.. where it has been readily available from multiple retailers since launch; in online and in stores.

Should be interesting in the US/UK once stock levels are improved since Series X is the console that most people want (from Xbox).

kirby007 said:
padib said:

Blame @d21lewis for buying 8

And those were just the toilet/ bathroom consoles.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

hinch said:
Shadow1980 said:

It's hard to make any definitive statements on the state of the sales race between PS & Xbox for this generation because it's still more of a supply issue than a demand issue. But once the chip shortages are over and the Series X|S starts to really benefit from MS's various acquisitions, I think we should see a very close race in the U.S., Canada, UK, and other Xbox-friendly markets. It wouldn't even surprise me if the Series X|S squeaked out a narrow victory in the U.S.

*Edited for clarification.

Anecdotally I doubt there's a shortage for Series S, at least in the UK.. where it has been readily available from multiple retailers since launch; in online and in stores.

Should be interesting in the US/UK once stock levels are improved since Series X is the console that most people want (from Xbox).

Series S is now also readily available in Canada, Series X, PS5 and PS5 digital are not. I've never seen a ps5 digital anywhere, do they exist?