By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 Moves Up to the 17th Position (*NA)

What is the Highest Position Switch Will Reach?

The Number One Spot 2 15.38%

Second is Good Enough 8 61.54%

Third isn't Too Shabby 3 23.08%

Total:13

let’s wait for this holdays sales and discuss again later 

Around the Network

VOTE   **** NEW  POLL   ADDED ****   VOTE

POLL WILL REMAIN UP UNTIL THE END OF DECEMBER AND BE TAKEN DOWN BEFORE DECEMBER'S NPD RELEASES

OP has been updated with the current NA hardware numbers and positions remained unchanged.

A little over 2 million away from the Switch breaking into the top 5.  

The PS5 continues to widen its lead over the Series consoles.

All 3 consoles may be in different positions by the end of the Holidays.  

Will people have any funds left over with all the inflation to be able to purchase consoles this Holiday period?

Will there be enough stock to handle demand?

Will you be purchasing a console this Holiday period?

...and again, which manufacture is going to flex its muscle?  (Vote in the New Poll)

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I think the Switch will pull this one out, but it will be much closer this time.

I think Switch will outsell PS5 in December and make up for potentially losing October and November. But it's the last quarter where it beats PS5 in the US, and maybe the last holiday season it beats Series XS.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 02 November 2022

I think the PS5 has a good shot at selling the most for the quarter as a whole, but Switch will likely still win december, if perhaps by a much smaller margin than usual.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Doesn't Nintendo send alot of Nintendo Switches in December than Any month? I think them having more stock will beat PS5 and Xbox Series stock.

Probably the Switch followed closely by the PS5, though I wouldn't count out Xbox, Xbox series S might make some crazy waves with a price decrease during the holidays I can see them being an attractive option at $250

debating if I should get a ps5 this year or hold off for a redesign

ice said:

Probably the Switch followed closely by the PS5, though I wouldn't count out Xbox, Xbox series S might make some crazy waves with a price decrease during the holidays I can see them being an attractive option at $250

Some people are saying they see PS5's on Gamestop and other stores in some parts of USA and many don't buy PS5 or Xbox Series X/S I guess it finally reached to normal consumers that wouldn't spend alot on next gen they probably waiting for slim models under 400$? won't buy from ebay neither?  Theory : I think the resellers peaked mid august in 2022? IDK?

ice said:

If a PS5 Pro is going to be coming out, I'll probably wait for it and hope for a different shape.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Hard to say. The U.S. is a very competitive market right now. It will probably come down to either the PS5 or Switch. The Switch held the #1 spot for units sold every month from February to July and supply has been steady, so it's definitely still doing well enough to be a contender. The PS5 has been all over the place this year, but improved stock resulted in it taking the #1 spot in August & September. Whether that's a surge from pent-up demand or a hint towards an actual baseline is hard to say, but in any case the PS5 could take the holiday season, but only if there's enough stock. The XBS was a consistent #2 from January to July, so it's unlikely to be #1 this holiday season.

If the Switch takes this one, it will probably be the last, at least in the U.S. Next year will come down to the PS5 vs. XBS.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").