By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 Moves Up to the 17th Position (*NA)

What is the Highest Position Switch Will Reach?

The Number One Spot 2 15.38%

Second is Good Enough 8 61.54%

Third isn't Too Shabby 3 23.08%

Total:13
DroidKnight said:

Upcoming position change with the Switch gaining on the Game Boy Advance.  

3 weeks? 4 weeks? 5 weeks?

I have no idea if it's accurate but Wikipedia is showing that the Switch has already passed the GBA in North America.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

I have no idea if it's accurate but Wikipedia is showing that the Switch has already passed the GBA in North America.

The North America here on VG Chartz is only Canada and USA, does not include the other NA countries.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

eva01beserk said:

You guys think that the June showcases will harm Xbox for this year? I believe it will. I think the gap will grow a lot over the rest of the year.

I don't think the June showcases will harm XBox at all.  I thought the XBox one was the strongest of the big 3 while the State of Play was the weakest.  I expect XBox to end the year ahead of PS5 LTD in the US.

The Switch has now taken over the 7th place spot and is already nipping at the heals of the Playstation.  Game Boy Advance drops to 8th place.  

No movements for the PS4 and Xbox One, and I will soon be removing those as current competitors in the tracking.  

Also worth noting; there has been no position changes for the PS5 and Xbox Series consoles.  

The PS5 has increased its lead over the the Xbox Series consoles over the last 6 weeks.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

By the end of the year it will have surpassed the PS.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

By the end of the year it will have surpassed the PS.

Was that meant to say month, or maybe PS was meant to be GB? it's only 300k behind PS so by the end of September it will move up.

By the end of the year it will probably be baring down on the GB. (maybe pass it in last couple of weeks in December)

It's a little slower than I was expecting at the beginning of the thread as I expected it to have passed by GBA & PS a couple of months ago, but as X360 has had some historical downward adjustments in NA region I think Switch is still guaranteed to reach at least 3rd position.

No position changes. 9.10.

Switch moving into the pass position.

PS5 widening the gap to 710,000.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 22 September 2022

The original Playstation has been demoted to the 7th place spot by the Nintendo Switch.  Cracking the Top 5 will be the Switches next milestone.

All other positions remain unchanged.

Switch will be #2 in holidays 2023 and #1 in summer 2024 !!

znake said:

Switch will be #2 in holidays 2023 and #1 in summer 2024 !!

No chance.
It might be able to break 50mil by the end of 2023 as long at momentum keeps (ie no Switch2), for it to get to #2 (53.65m) in 2023 it would have to start selling at 2020 levels again.

Then to get up to DS level in summer 2024 is another 4mil?

You are at least 1 year too early for #2... and I doubt it can reach #1 (Nintendo would have to hold back Switch 2 till 2026)