By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 Moves Up to the 17th Position (*NA)

What is the Highest Position Switch Will Reach?

The Number One Spot 2 15.38%

Second is Good Enough 8 61.54%

Third isn't Too Shabby 3 23.08%

Total:13
trunkswd said:

Adjustments are complete. With the Xbox Series X|S being overtracked in the US by about 210,000 units, I also adjusted down our Canada estimates. But I also got some new data that showed we were a bit low in some smaller markets. 

Our North America data is for US and Canada only. Here is the breakdown for all of Americas. 

US:

• PS5: 7,482,129
  • XS: 7,276,001

Canada:

• XS: 712,535
  • PS5: 693,973

Latin:

• XS: 745,036
  • PS5: 583,232

Thanks for sharing and being transparent with the adjustments and data.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Adjustments are complete. With the Xbox Series X|S being overtracked in the US by about 210,000 units, I also adjusted down our Canada estimates. But I also got some new data that showed we were a bit low in some smaller markets. 

Our North America data is for US and Canada only. Here is the breakdown for all of Americas. 

US:

• PS5: 7,482,129
  • XS: 7,276,001

Canada:

• XS: 712,535
  • PS5: 693,973

Latin:

• XS: 745,036
  • PS5: 583,232

do you need to update this article as well: https://www.vgchartz.com/article/454141/ps5-vs-xbox-series-xs-sales-comparison-in-the-us-may-2022/

Seeing as its the most current one comparing the two in NA. And by my calculations, when you factor in all three, the gap is 25k between PS5 and Series for NA. If you only look at US and CA then the gap is 187k between them. Does Mexico/Latin America fall under RotW?

Last edited by darthv72 - on 28 June 2022

trunkswd said:

So does Mexico / Latin America fall under Rest of the World? Im curious why it would not be part of NA data. By my calculations, the gap between PS5 and Series (if just US / CA) is 187k but if you add in Latin America it drops to just 25k.

trunkswd said:
darthv72 said:

So does Mexico / Latin America fall under Rest of the World? Im curious why it would not be part of NA data. By my calculations, the gap between PS5 and Series (if just US / CA) is 187k but if you add in Latin America it drops to just 25k.

Correct. Mexico and the rest of Latin America fall under rest of the world on the Platform Totals page. https://www.vgchartz.com/charts/platform_totals/Hardware.php/

That is how it was set up well before I took over the hardware estimates. We could probably change it so instead of "North America" it is "Americas" and we remove Latin America from rest of world and it to the new "Americas."

Interesting.  I always thought North America included several of the Latin Countries.  Which countries are included on the Home Page of VGChartz for North America there?  

I just double checked and the front page is North America only - US and Canada. So the label is wrong and should only have the US and Canadian flags. The way the hardware was set up years and years ago is it lumps all of Latin America together, while US and Canada are separate. 

Last edited by trunkswd - on 28 June 2022

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

trunkswd said:

Correct. Mexico and the rest of Latin America fall under rest of the world on the Platform Totals page. https://www.vgchartz.com/charts/platform_totals/Hardware.php/

That is how it was set up well before I took over the hardware estimates. We could probably change it so instead of "North America" it is "Americas" and we remove Latin America from rest of world and it to the new "Americas."

It's funny you say this as in your video on yt you say "the Americas is US/Canada/Mexico/Latin America & South America"

https://youtu.be/AlbRNSC14iU?t=70

Around the Network

Thread updated to July 2nd numbers.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 15 July 2022

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

You guys think that the June showcases will harm Xbox for this year? I believe it will. I think the gap will grow a lot over the rest of the year.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I think more PS5s being supplied than Series Xs will cause the gap to grow. Both continue to remain sold out and software doesn't appear to be an issue yet. 3rd party games will still provide a strong showing for the holidays, but ultimately sales are still only being determined by stock.

Upcoming position change with the Switch gaining on the Game Boy Advance.  

3 weeks? 4 weeks? 5 weeks?

Does the Switch pass the gameboy for the 5th spot by the end of the year?