By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 Moves Up to the 17th Position (*NA)

What is the Highest Position Switch Will Reach?

The Number One Spot 2 15.38%

Second is Good Enough 8 61.54%

Third isn't Too Shabby 3 23.08%

Total:13

May or June I guess PS5 is bound to have more supply issues. Xbox Series can fully focus on NA and UK, whilst PS5 needs to take a more global approach. Even when PS5 outsells Xbox by 5 million a year it will barely be ahead in NA. If they sell pretty much equally Xbox is bound to be ahead in NA.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Xbox Series S has been available since November and I've seen it as cheap as $250 at Adorama, and Xbox Series X has been available almost every day somewhere in the past 3 or so weeks, Walmart is dropping new systems all the time. PS5 availability is still not meeting demand so Xbox Series should pass it any month now. If Xbox stay readily available and Sony can't improve production for another year it will be hard for Sony to catch up in NA.

SegaHeart said:
Qwark said:

May or June I guess PS5 is bound to have more supply issues. Xbox Series can fully focus on NA and UK, whilst PS5 needs to take a more global approach. Even when PS5 outsells Xbox by 5 million a year it will barely be ahead in NA. If they sell pretty much equally Xbox is bound to be ahead in NA.

In 2 months already?

The difference is a bit more than 170k. At this moment Xbox series is outselling PS5 by 50k a week, now I don't think that it will last forever. But I think may is definitely possible.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

With the quarter ending shipments have been so as of late so the pace Xbox has been outselling the PS5 will decrease. Sometime in the summer is my guess. Voted for July.

No position change, but thanks to @Bandorr the numbers being posted will now accurately represent the front page updates. OP numbers have been brought to their current.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

The Xbox Series consoles have continued to make huge gains on the PS5 consoles for the North American regions and are now neck and neck.

Will the Playstation be able to hold off the Xbox Series? Or will the Xbox Series continue it's momentum and make the pass?  Even if Xbox does put the Playstation into last place will it be able to keep it there?  

Regardless of the outcome, this generation is proving to be an interesting one.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Of course its tied, there's no ps5 anywhere. I have never even seen one besides scalpers.

DroidKnight said:

The Xbox Series consoles have continued to make huge gains on the PS5 consoles for the North American regions and are now neck and neck.

Will the Playstation be able to hold off the Xbox Series? Or will the Xbox Series continue it's momentum and make the pass?  Even if Xbox does put the Playstation into last place will it be able to keep it there?  

Regardless of the outcome, this generation is proving to be an interesting one.

If Xbox is able to hold a lead going into this holiday season I cannot imagine it ever gives it up in the Americas. They sold 32 million Xbox Ones in this region despite a historically weak hardware and software offering, and they have only improved on both fronts. 

I am also anticipating the Series S to get a Black Friday discount deal, which I think will move major units this holiday and keep it out in front in the Americas. 

My “bet” is that it Xbox is still leading in the Americas by the end of Q1 2023, it will never relinquish that lead 

The Xbox Series consoles have made the pass on the PS5, moving up to the 21st position and bumping the PS5 down to the 22nd spot.

Here is the poll that was closed several months ago.

We had 3 people properly predict the month when the pass would occur.  Congrats to y'all.  

The bulk of the guesses (60%) were in the never will happen crowd.  Yikes, better luck on the next poll.

I voted for July so I guess I wasn't too far off. July is probably when Xbox takes the lead in the US.