By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HOT: "Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut" for PS5/PS4 in August!!

SvennoJ said:

Oh I agree with you, I only added that part because @Azzanation seems to think the feedback is all there already in the ps4 game and they simply disabled 'HD rumble' to put it behind a paywall. Like offering BC but locking out the final chapter, got to pay extra to finish the game on ps5. And even that would be their choice. (If they want to turn it into an episodic story and charge separately for chapters for example)

Just like DLC, it's more content. Up to the developers to choose what to charge for what.

In the end, the only thing you are 'entitled' to is a working version on PS4 as advertised (if you bought the PS4 version). Hence CP2077 does have the obligation to add free patches and finish the game at no additional cost.

I think you are clearly misunderstanding me on this one. I am not saying the features existed on release, never did. They implemented the features later and than added a Pay wall which is the exact same thing. You have to pay a fee to unlock content/features even if you own the compatible hardware. That's a paywall. Same shit, different bucket. Its sole reason is to have games played on PS5 cost that premium $70 price tag, otherwise they would have offered it for free.

Nothing against the developers in charging for in game content like expansions either. However those justifying the paywall because someone had to work on it so it deserves a price tag, is no different to Lootboxes, someone had to work on it and create the content inside the lootboxes. People need to start seeing past the boundaries of their favorite companies and look deeper into the tactics these companies are doing. I see it, many others see it, the only ones that don't see it are the fans of these companies and the games. 

This is their reason in asking you to give them another $10, and they will use your favorite toys to convince you. Otherwise you miss out.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 17 July 2021

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
SvennoJ said:

Oh I agree with you, I only added that part because @Azzanation seems to think the feedback is all there already in the ps4 game and they simply disabled 'HD rumble' to put it behind a paywall. Like offering BC but locking out the final chapter, got to pay extra to finish the game on ps5. And even that would be their choice. (If they want to turn it into an episodic story and charge separately for chapters for example)

Just like DLC, it's more content. Up to the developers to choose what to charge for what.

In the end, the only thing you are 'entitled' to is a working version on PS4 as advertised (if you bought the PS4 version). Hence CP2077 does have the obligation to add free patches and finish the game at no additional cost.

I think you are clearly misunderstanding me on this one. I am not saying the features existed on release, never did. They implemented the features later and than added a Pay wall which is the exact same thing. You have to pay a fee to unlock content/features even if you own the compatible hardware. That's a paywall. Same shit, different bucket. Its sole reason is to have games played on PS5 cost that premium $70 price tag, otherwise they would have offered it for free.

Nothing against the developers in charging for in game content like expansions either. However those justifying the paywall because someone had to work on it so it deserves a price tag, is no different to Lootboxes, someone had to work on it and create the content inside the lootboxes. People need to start seeing past the boundaries of their favorite companies and look deeper into the tactics these companies are doing. I see it, many others see it, the only ones that don't see it are the fans of these companies and the games. 

This is their reason in asking you to give them another $10, and they will use your favorite toys to convince you. Otherwise you miss out.

Ah, so it is FOMO. I don't agree with the rest. Game play features affecting the entire game are better than story DLC imo, definitely not loot boxes. You still don't see it or refuse to see it as now you're comparing these features with useless cosmetic items from loot boxes.



SvennoJ said:

Ah, so it is FOMO. I don't agree with the rest. Game play features affecting the entire game are better than story DLC imo, definitely not loot boxes. You still don't see it or refuse to see it as now you're comparing these features with useless cosmetic items from loot boxes.

No, i am saying you are being charged no differently. Justifying features because someone had to work on it is no different to Lootboxes because labor was still required to make them as well. Weather you find it a better deal to someone who might like the idea of Season Passes and extra DLC is all subjective. If you prefer paying more than that's where we agree to disagree. I also don't agree that next gen games should be $70. When these companies continue to make more profits yearly, they want to push that envelope even further and that's where they start losing me.



Azzanation said:

No, i am saying you are being charged no differently. Justifying features because someone had to work on it is no different to Lootboxes because labor was still required to make them as well. Weather you find it a better deal to someone who might like the idea of Season Passes and extra DLC is all subjective. If you prefer paying more than that's where we agree to disagree. I also don't agree that next gen games should be $70. When these companies continue to make more profits yearly, they want to push that envelope even further and that's where they start losing me.

I prefer people getting rewarded for their work. I never said loot boxes should be free, I just don't like them and don't pay for them. Even for free I don't like them, like the wheelspin mechanic in FH4, cheap game design, not fun. But that's my opinion and I simply steer clear from loot box mechanics. (I wish I could turn off the daily workout wheelspin in GT Sport, so annoying)

So yep, I prefer paying for game play features instead. I would also like to see a fairer distribution of the profits among the workforce, but I don't have anything to say about that. And paying less will not effect the CEO bonus check, it will come out of the low wage group first.

In the end, I don't mind paying extra for quality, CAD 160 for FS2020 is 1000% worth it for me. CAD 90 for quality games, I have no issue with that. But if you have issues with that, stick with game pass.



method114 said:
EricHiggin said:

I can't believe the people complaining about the pricing of this DLC and next gen upgrades. It's not ridiculous by any means, unless the content and effort come up short, which after GOT, and Legends (which was free btw), doesn't seem likely. This is PS Studios we're talking about here.

If you believe the pricing is too much, prior to having enough info, then you're clearly not faithful, and perhaps may have, no honor...

I think the price is to much for a DLC. I haven't played the game yet as I was waiting for my PS5 though so I don't really care either way. I'm just glad I waited. I'll be waiting a while to play all these PS5 games anyways. I'm hoping a PC version gets released.

Patience is a rare virtue these days. I think the price of the XB expandable storage and premium controllers are too much for accessories, though I haven't used either of them. Glad what few of their seemingly worthy games are also available on PC. No patience required for those 'exclusives'.



Around the Network

One month, caaaant wait!!! : D
The new Story-Content and Details are impressive, say previews.



"The Last of Us 2" is officially Game of the Year 2020, worldwide. Ghost of Tsushima-Artwork:

BraLoD said:
Runa216 said:

Jesus dude, stop saying everyone is a part of 'the problem' when there is no problem. Baw, cry me a river. YOU don't want to pay 10 bucks extra. That's a you problem, not everyone else. How detached from reality can you get?

I don't want to spend $10 to upgrade it to PS5 either, also don't want to pay $70 on any PS5 games much less a PS4 game, but you should know who you are arguing with, the guy has always been completely against Sony everywhere, not just here, he was all over N4G white knighting MS and fighting evil Sony back in 2014. Really invested on it.

You can find a lot of that here too if you want to...

It's certainly a lot more subtle now than it was before, but it has always been the same bias nonetheless.

There is no arguing going on, whatever Sony does it's going to be a "problem".

Just don't waste your time, really.

There are some legit gems by him on N4G.



Hynad said:
BraLoD said:

I don't want to spend $10 to upgrade it to PS5 either, also don't want to pay $70 on any PS5 games much less a PS4 game, but you should know who you are arguing with, the guy has always been completely against Sony everywhere, not just here, he was all over N4G white knighting MS and fighting evil Sony back in 2014. Really invested on it.

You can find a lot of that here too if you want to...

It's certainly a lot more subtle now than it was before, but it has always been the same bias nonetheless.

There is no arguing going on, whatever Sony does it's going to be a "problem".

Just don't waste your time, really.

There are some legit gems by him on N4G.

Share some with us! I'm genuinely curious! 



My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut - Iki Island Trailer | PS5, PS4



I just wanna pay for my PS5 upgraaaade. I have money now, I might not come August 20th!



My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4