I'll score it like this:
0/1 if I don't care
1/2 if I like it, but it's not 2021.
2/2 if I like it and it's in 2021
3/2 (yes, bonus points) if I like it and it's out by the end of July.
0/1 points if I don't care, 1/2 if I do but it's not in 2021, 1/1 if I do and it's in 2021, 2/1 if I do and it's within the next 6 weeks (or before the end of July).
* Smash vs Tekken - Yeah... I don't give a shit about Smash - 0/1
* Life is Strange Switch - Looks great 2/3
* Marvel Galaxy Guardians - meh - 2/4
* Worms Rumble - meh - 2/5
* Astria Ascending - What is this and why should I care? 2/6
* Two Point Campus - Looks great! But 2022? Tell me about it next year, not now 3/8
* Monkey Ball - Booo, 3/9
* Mario Party Superstars - 5/11
* Metroid Dread - Wow! It's alive after all these years; this was originally the title of a DS game that vanished from existence. Caught my interest 7/13
* Just Dance 2022 - And? - 7/14
* Cruisin Blast - Looks really cool! - 9/16
* Dragon Ball Karot game - Don't care 9/17
* Mario Golf Modes -Looks weak compared to Golf Story, disappointed they're wasting dev resources on these modes 9/18
* Monster Hunter Stories - Looks alright, but don't care 9/19
* WarioWare - FUCK YEAH! 11/21
* Shin Megami Tensei 5 - I'm an RPG guy, but I find mainline SMT a bit dull. This trailer didn't change my mind - 11/22
* Dagan Rampa - what? - 11/23
* Fatal Frame - Could be good, but didn't show enough - 11/24
* Doom game - LOL, I'm already bored just hearing the name - 11/25
* Tony Hawk - Hmmm, not bad! And in June. 14/27
* Strange brigade - Nah 14/28
* Mario Galaxy Rabbids - FUCK YOU, this is a tease. I still want to play even if it's not Super Mario Galaxy 4, but next year - 15/30
* Advance Wars - Nope 15/31
* Hyrule Warriors - Don't like Dynasty Warriors games - 15/32
* Skyward Sword - Nope - 15/33
* Zelda handheld - Good for collectors, appreciate the idea, will be a great gift, but not for me - 15/34
* Breath of the Wild 2 - Showed stuff, that might be cool, but doesn't tell me much about the game. I'm not sure if I'll like or hate the islands. Come back and tell me about this again later when the game is closer and you're actually going to say something meaningful. 15/35
4/10 feels about right, this Direct was mediocre at best - everything was extremely rushed with almost no details. This was like watching an extra-long commercial break. I'm not even a Pokemon fan, but the Pokemon Direct was far superior, IMO. There might have been some great software on there, but honestly, unless the short clip was really well done (like Life is Strange), or I knew what I was getting (WarioWare), I couldn't tell if I was going to like it or not. I really didn't give a shit about what was going on 90% of the time.
Nothing made me jump out of my chair - although WarioWare made me smile a lot. I was disappointed that only one game, Tony Hawk, was coming out any time soon of the new stuff that interested me. Mario Golf is out soon too, but the game looked less interesting in this Direct than the last one. Honestly, Nintendo could have just pulled the trailers in the EShop for the games coming out in the next two weeks and I might have found it about as interesting.
Highlights of the show for me were:
2. Life is Strange
4. Tony Hawk remasters
5. Metroid 5
I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.