5 11 7.69%

4 9 6.29%

3 3 2.10%

2 0 0%

1 1 0.70%

Total:143

9/10.

Easily the best direct in years.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Watching the Treehouse stream, I forgot just how much fun and chaotic Mario Party used to be. Man, I can't wait to play this with my friends and cousins when it comes out!!!

PAOerfulone said:

Watching the Treehouse stream, I forgot just how much fun and chaotic Mario Party used to be. Man, I can't wait to play this with my friends and cousins when it comes out!!!

We should go on the VGC discord and organize some parties there since the online play function exists too !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Copied from the other thread* Nintendo's show was well paced and entertaining. 7/10 for an E3 conference.

Positive
- Overall a great 2021 line up
- SMTV looks surprisingly good!
- Typical Nintendo charm and wit

Dissapointments:
- Was dissapointed with the visuals/design and trailer for Metroid Dread.
-A bit too many ports/repeated trailers etc
-Was hoping for more meat from the the Zelda reveal

CaptainExplosion said:
Norion said:

This was a really good direct! A new 2D Metroid that takes place after Fusion is lovely and other stuff like a new Warioware made this sweet. While there wasn't much competition this time Nintendo won E3 again this year and thankfully ended it on a high note just like last time.

I like that the new Metroid uses the name of an older Metroid that was apparently cancelled.

I liked that too and Arlo went nuts when he saw the title. It was pretty much a perfect Metroid announcement and a contender for best announcement all E3.

Around the Network

8/10, was pretty good.

Metroid Dread made my day, new WarioWare and Advance Wars' return were also pretty cool. Kazuya is a good addition. Plus a lot of other neat announcements.

Loved how they pretty much filled out the rest of the year quite nicely with this showcase too, all their stuff being 2021 besides BotW2.

Norion said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I like that the new Metroid uses the name of an older Metroid that was apparently cancelled.

I liked that too and Arlo went nuts when he saw the title. It was pretty much a perfect Metroid announcement and a contender for best announcement all E3.

Ah yes, our good old user @Arlo.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!

It was a neat show. Nearly 40 minutes with little to no fluff. Just focus on games.

-Kazuya is Smash - I don't care about this at all.

-Super Mario Party Superstars - Not my cup of tea.

-SMT V - A cool exclusive for Switch but I'll never play it.

-Fatal Frame - Wii U must not have any more exclusives they must all come to Switch.

-Advance Wars 1&2 Re-Boot Camp- Hell yeah super pumped for this and a nice surprise.

-Warioware Get it Together- Long overdue. Though I wish they showed off mini games that used Switch's unique control inputs.

-Metroid Dread - Neat. I will probably pick it up. Expected Prime 4 though.

-BOTW 2 - Not the information blowout I expected but the teaser looked nice. Could have at least given us a title.

-Zelda Game and Watch - I guess this and Skyward Sword HD constitute the 35th Anniversary celebration. They were never going to release SS HD and BOTW 2 in the same calendar year. A neat collectible but not my cup of tea.

7/10

Games I will get:

Warioware

Metroid Dread

Skyward Sword HD

Advance Wars

BOTWS 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

mZuzek said:
Norion said:

Ah yes, our good old user @Arlo.

Oh yeah he used to post here. I wonder if he's the most famous person who is a former user. He does reference data from here in his videos at times so maybe he still visits occasionally.

It was ok. They said the focus was 2021 so no surprise on what was shown.

Lots of ports, remakes, switch announcements of existing games (Guardians of the Galaxy?), DLC update, footage of random multiplatform games - very unexciting stuff for an E3 event. Especially when some of the footage shown was struggling to run.

Advance wars is back! But that art style (and being a remake) is such a turn off. Shame really.

The announcement of a new 2D Metroid was cool, and the verticality shown off on the new BotW is great.

otherwise... yeah. any random direct and this content might be good. But for a major E3 showing? Not so much.