7 27 18.88%

6 14 9.79%

5 11 7.69%

4 9 6.29%

3 3 2.10%

2 0 0%

1 1 0.70%

Total:143

If that horrible thing really is Ganon, I hope this time he can actually speak instead of being just a mindless nightmare monster.

Around the Network

Woah that was awesome! Gave it a 9 in the poll.

BotW2 unfortunately 2022 but good to have a release window finally and see more footage.
2D Metroid...awesome! Though I'll wait until it's on sale for like $30.
Advance Wars...a seemingly abandoned series I've wanted to try out so very cool they're remaking them for Switch!
Plus Mario Party and a bunch of other interesting announcements.
And of course Mario + Rabbids which got announced earlier at E3.

Overall it's clear Nintendo has a stellar first party lineup for the next 12-18 months!

Was hoping to see the rumored 2D DK game. Also a Zelda WW/TP collection but if that's happening I suppose it makes sense to announce it after Skyward Sword has had its initial sales. And of course the new model wasn't shown. Has me starting to think that Nintendo miiiight push the new model back to next year. This year Switch sales are if anything probably going to be even better than last year's insane sales, so from a business perspective it makes much more sense to wait until a year in which sales look to start coming off this ~30million/year peak. Maybe launch new model alongside BotW2 next spring?? Or maybe they're still launching new model this year but just waiting until it's real close to the launch date to announce it so sales of the other models don't dip beforehand.

archbrix said:

If you had told me in advance that we'd get no new DK, no Pikmin 4, no Bayonetta 3 or NMH3, nothing new on Prime 4 and BOTW2 isn't arriving until next year, I'd cry fail. But the reality is that BOTW2 looks awesome, new WW, Advance Wars 1&2, and, uh, Metroid Dread just made my day. Crus'n looks fun, SMT5 looks intriguing and many of the things I'm not even particularly interested in looked pretty good. And except for Zelda it's all coming this year. Great direct and (presumably) they haven't even shown their big holiday game yet.

Mario Party on Oktober 29th should be big. But lets be real, Pokèmon is their big holiday game.

CaptainExplosion said:
Norion said:

This was a really good direct! A new 2D Metroid that takes place after Fusion is lovely and other stuff like a new Warioware made this sweet. While there wasn't much competition this time Nintendo won E3 again this year and thankfully ended it on a high note just like last time.

I like that the new Metroid uses the name of an older Metroid that was apparently cancelled.

Yeah, Metroid Dread was cancelled a long time ago, and apparently it's still very much the same project now.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!

10/10

BOTW2 - Speaks for itself tbh.

Metroid - Looks to merge the modern 2d with elements of Fusion which imo is on par with Super.

SMTV - Looking like Nocturne (an already great game) if it ascended.

Smash - Long overdue Tekken rep.

Advance Wars - Welcomed return.

Project Zero - Was overlooked but not only given a second chance it highlights the series is still on the agenda going forward.

Wario Ware - Also long overdue.

Great variety of supporting software. 

Around the Network
Kai_Mao said:
archbrix said:

Yeah, I don't know why I let myself get excited about the possibility of BOTW2 making it this year.  It's pretty much a prerequisite that Zelda games get delayed at least once.  Hopefully it is their big holiday title for next year, but again...

And I agree on Dread's aesthetics; I wish they were a bit different.  Still completely ecstatic over it though.

They never announced a release window until now. So, technically, there wasn't a delay. I guess if you want to play semantics, you can maybe consider that it was an internal delay. But who knows how the game was progressing internally, especially considering the pandemic affecting everyone in the industry.

No they never did, but that's the point I was making; now that we have an official release window, it could suffer the inevitable delay from there that makes it even later.  But I'll keep hope alive that it makes it by next holiday.

Kakadu18 said:
archbrix said:

If you had told me in advance that we'd get no new DK, no Pikmin 4, no Bayonetta 3 or NMH3, nothing new on Prime 4 and BOTW2 isn't arriving until next year, I'd cry fail. But the reality is that BOTW2 looks awesome, new WW, Advance Wars 1&2, and, uh, Metroid Dread just made my day. Crus'n looks fun, SMT5 looks intriguing and many of the things I'm not even particularly interested in looked pretty good. And except for Zelda it's all coming this year. Great direct and (presumably) they haven't even shown their big holiday game yet.

Mario Party on Oktober 29th should be big. But lets be real, Pokèmon is their big holiday game.

Yeah, I forgot about that one since they didn't cover it here but I'm really hoping that the rumored DK game is their holiday game at this point.  It is the big ape's 40th anniversary after all.

archbrix said:
Kakadu18 said:

Yeah, I forgot about that one since they didn't cover it here but I'm really hoping that the rumored DK game is their holiday game at this point.  It is the big ape's 40th anniversary after all.

They could still announce games in the next maybe September direct for this year. Considering there are two Oktober games and with SMTV and Pokèmon two November games, I don't expect much anymore. But who knows, December is still free.

Edit: December has Advance Wars, so I'm not expecting any more big games this year.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 15 June 2021

Kakadu18 said:
archbrix said:

They could still announce games in the next maybe September direct for this year. Considering there are two Oktober games and with SMTV and Pokèmon two November games, I don't expect much anymore. But who knows, December is still free.

Nintendo has been a bit unpredictable like that lately; show a game for the first time and have it release shortly after.  Being that DK is a huge franchise for them (or should be anyway) they may have a direct that features it entirely with a big blow-out to hype it for the holidays.  Personally, I hope it goes down like that but they do have a solid year nonetheless.

Solid but not great.

The only truly huge announcement was Metroid Dread. That is a monster of a reveal even if I'd like a bit more color.

Breath of the Wild 2 looks great. They are not resting on their laurels but really going all-out to create an experience that different and new from the first game. My biggest fear is assuaged.

Not a Tekken fan, but any excuse to go back to Smash.

Moneky ball remastered collection. I always loved Monkey Ball 2 but never owned it, so this is good for me.

Finally Advanced Wars is back! I'm a little disappointed it's just a remake of the first 2 games and not a new game, but hopefully this means a new game is finally coming. The art style is perfect for the series in 3d.

Bunch of good announcements like Life is Strange and Warioware. Mario Golf looks good. Shin Megami Tensai 5 finally has a release date, People love the n64 Mario Parties so bringing back those boards will probably make it the best Mario party in about 15 years, Fatal Frame I have in my backlog for the Wii U and I think I'd rather play it on the gamepad.

Lack of Bayonetta 3 is the biggest disappointment. That was announced 3 and a half years ago. Astral Chain has been out for nearly 2 years. It's long past time to show us something. Lack of Prime 4 (which had its famous complete restart), new Mario, or Monolithsoft isn't as big a deal. Also no Splatoon 3.

Looks like the Pokemon remakes are the big holiday games for Nintendo. It's Pokemon, so that makes sense. 2021 is shaping up to be better than 2021 and 2018, but a step below 2017 and 2019.