By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Euro 2020 (2021)

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by Machina **

Euro 2020 winner?

Belgium 2 $240.00 22.22%

Croatia 0 $0.00 0%

England 1 $1,000.00 11.11%

France 3 $1,210.00 33.33%

Germany 2 $40.00 22.22%

Italy 0 $0.00 0%

Netherlands 1 $69.00 11.11%

Portugal 0 $0.00 0%

Spain 0 $0.00 0%

Other 0 $0.00 0%

Totals: 9 $2,559.00  
Game closed: 06/10/2021

It's gonna be hard to decide but after Ngolo Kante's performance in the CL, I'll go for France. They will like to repeat what they did in Euro 2000 after winning France 98.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

Around the Network

Given the potential competitiveness from group F I'm going to avoid making a guess for any of those teams as I could easily see an upset there. I think I'll go with Belgium but I'm not super up to date so mainly guesswork.

I don't really follow international footy much at all. Don't know who is in what squad, who is in good form etc. I'll just go for what I assume is a safe option and say France.

Random 200 VGCmoney wager on Belgium. I don’t know. We won’t win in any case, we usually suck at the Euros. Except in 88 and 2000. At least we should get to like the quarter finals. If we don’t make it out of our group (C) this time, then Netherlands doesn’t deserve to compete at a Euros or World Cup ever again.

France.

And that Group F looks like serious business.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Im going with France.
Predictable pick, but meh.

Didn't expect Turkey to be that terrible.
Completely non-existent offense and defense looked pretty bad on all goals (own goal and defender slipped, far too much space for the Italian player who shot before Immobile scored, severe goalie mistake on the third).

I feel like Italy wasn't even that good yet completely dominated the game.

Also the opening ceremony was awful.

Thought I'd seen Eriksen die before my eyes yesterday. Thank god for the medical team being there and saving his life.

On another note, Belgium's first goal showed what an absolute joke the offside law is. All this nonsense about phases of play... anyone with half a brain can see Lukaku gained a massive advantage from being in an offside position. If he doesn't make the run, the ball isn't played to him the defender doesn't try to clear it. The whole move happens because of Lukaku's movement - he doesn't time it correctly but gets lucky because the defender's instinct is to clear the ball in a potentially dangerous situation.

Yeah sure was something with Eriksen yesterday. I normally wouldn’t watch such a match but coincidentally I was because there was someone over who needed to be entertained, and there you go. Props to the swift action taken by the medical team and the other players, glad he’s okay.

What a match! The Netherlands totally deserve the win. They were on fire the whole match.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won