By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumour: Naughty Dog Remaking TLOU1

Would prefer a spinoff or something, remake seems too soon and definitely something that should have been outsourced.



Around the Network

If true then they're a bunch of idiots. Seriously! It's still playable on current platforms has no performance issues and isn't outdated in any way.

If they really want to remake something then it should be the 1st Uncharted game instead of TLOU. That would definitely benefit from it more. Although I'd say Uncharted is also too recent to warrant a remake.

Well, I suppose it's also possible that they're just creatively bankrupt rather than idiots and literally can't think of anything new to make so are doing a remake instead.



Ka-pi96 said:

If true then they're a bunch of idiots. Seriously! It's still playable on current platforms has no performance issues and isn't outdated in any way.

If they really want to remake something then it should be the 1st Uncharted game instead of TLOU. That would definitely benefit from it more. Although I'd say Uncharted is also too recent to warrant a remake.

Well, I suppose it's also possible that they're just creatively bankrupt rather than idiots and literally can't think of anything new to make so are doing a remake instead.

Did you read the Bloomberg article?



twintail said:
BraLoD said:

Because they are freaking awesome on doing that kind of stuff.

Then the remake would be released later and Bluepoint would not be working on whatever they're working on now - a rather unsatisfactory result imho.

I'd rather TLoU remake came out asap in the PS5 lifecycle and Bluepoint's next remake, too. As opposed to just one of them.

It logically makes sense that ND gets it out of the way as a means to get PS5 development done while their next title is still being figured out.

The remake is pointless to begin with.

But if it is to be done it needs to be good, and I rather have Bluepoint next project being delayed (since it won't be LoD anyway) than ND has even more overwork there and can't focus properly on what they want to do.

ND is the best studio out there, they shouldn't be bothered with doing remakes at all.

Even if it was a junior team that is working on it to get experience, TLoU deserves better than this too.



BraLoD said:
twintail said:

Then the remake would be released later and Bluepoint would not be working on whatever they're working on now - a rather unsatisfactory result imho.

I'd rather TLoU remake came out asap in the PS5 lifecycle and Bluepoint's next remake, too. As opposed to just one of them.

It logically makes sense that ND gets it out of the way as a means to get PS5 development done while their next title is still being figured out.

The remake is pointless to begin with.

But if it is to be done it needs to be good, and I rather have Bluepoint next project being delayed (since it won't be LoD anyway) than ND has even more overwork there and can't focus properly on what they want to do.

ND is the best studio out there, they shouldn't be bothered with doing remakes at all.

Even if it was a junior team that is working on it to get experience, TLoU deserves better than this too.

There's nothing pointless about it. TloU and TloU2 are night and day in graphics, animations, gameplay. This gets them to bring the first game to the level of the 2nd while also getting more PS5 development in. Schrier himself believes that it is going to be bundled with the PS5 version of TloU2.

Development probably won't even be that much longer. Taking into account how quickly Lost Legacy came about, a TloU remake will be a lot easier for the team to work on. This is especially true when ND is still figuring out (or were) what their next game is going to be. 

There are no downsides to this. TloU gets upgraded to the mechanic and visual quality of the 2nd game. It's not going to be super challenging work (especially after what we learnt about crunch on TLoU2). Gives the team more PS5 understanding before their new title, and it impacts very little else ND is or could be working on, because atm we only know that they are working on this and Factions 2 while their next game still gets figured out

And Bluepoint get to work on their next title, which means even more PS5 games sooner.



Around the Network
twintail said:
Ka-pi96 said:

If true then they're a bunch of idiots. Seriously! It's still playable on current platforms has no performance issues and isn't outdated in any way.

If they really want to remake something then it should be the 1st Uncharted game instead of TLOU. That would definitely benefit from it more. Although I'd say Uncharted is also too recent to warrant a remake.

Well, I suppose it's also possible that they're just creatively bankrupt rather than idiots and literally can't think of anything new to make so are doing a remake instead.

Did you read the Bloomberg article?

Why?

There is no justification for remaking a recent game that's still fully playable on current platforms, so why waste time reading an article that tries to make excuses for what's just an attempted cash grab?



twintail said:
BraLoD said:

The remake is pointless to begin with.

But if it is to be done it needs to be good, and I rather have Bluepoint next project being delayed (since it won't be LoD anyway) than ND has even more overwork there and can't focus properly on what they want to do.

ND is the best studio out there, they shouldn't be bothered with doing remakes at all.

Even if it was a junior team that is working on it to get experience, TLoU deserves better than this too.

There's nothing pointless about it. TloU and TloU2 are night and day in graphics, animations, gameplay. This gets them to bring the first game to the level of the 2nd while also getting more PS5 development in. Schrier himself believes that it is going to be bundled with the PS5 version of TloU2.

Development probably won't even be that much longer. Taking into account how quickly Lost Legacy came about, a TloU remake will be a lot easier for the team to work on. This is especially true when ND is still figuring out (or were) what their next game is going to be. 

There are no downsides to this. TloU gets upgraded to the mechanic and visual quality of the 2nd game. It's not going to be super challenging work (especially after what we learnt about crunch on TLoU2). Gives the team more PS5 understanding before their new title, and it impacts very little else ND is or could be working on, because atm we only know that they are working on this and Factions 2 while their next game still gets figured out

And Bluepoint get to work on their next title, which means even more PS5 games sooner.

For me it's completely pointless, yeah.
It's a money grab, TLoU sold over 20M copies, everybody has played it and it's available for free for anyone with a PS5 and PS Plus right now, it is as pointless as a Remake can be, and wasting ND time on it is simply bad.

We didn't even got TLoU2 multiplayer yet, and they are shoving a remake on their back while doing it and a new IP.



Ka-pi96 said:
twintail said:

Did you read the Bloomberg article?

Why?

There is no justification for remaking a recent game that's still fully playable on current platforms, so why waste time reading an article that tries to make excuses for what's just an attempted cash grab?

Because it comes across as ignorant.

The fact that you think the article attempts to justify the remake is pretty indicative of that ignorance.

BraLoD said:
twintail said:

There's nothing pointless about it. TloU and TloU2 are night and day in graphics, animations, gameplay. This gets them to bring the first game to the level of the 2nd while also getting more PS5 development in. Schrier himself believes that it is going to be bundled with the PS5 version of TloU2.

Development probably won't even be that much longer. Taking into account how quickly Lost Legacy came about, a TloU remake will be a lot easier for the team to work on. This is especially true when ND is still figuring out (or were) what their next game is going to be. 

There are no downsides to this. TloU gets upgraded to the mechanic and visual quality of the 2nd game. It's not going to be super challenging work (especially after what we learnt about crunch on TLoU2). Gives the team more PS5 understanding before their new title, and it impacts very little else ND is or could be working on, because atm we only know that they are working on this and Factions 2 while their next game still gets figured out

And Bluepoint get to work on their next title, which means even more PS5 games sooner.

For me it's completely pointless, yeah.
It's a money grab, TLoU sold over 20M copies, everybody has played it and it's available for free for anyone with a PS5 and PS Plus right now, it is as pointless as a Remake can be, and wasting ND time on it is simply bad.

We didn't even got TLoU2 multiplayer yet, and they are shoving a remake on their back while doing it and a new IP.

It's not wasting ND's time because the bulk of the team have nothing else to work on.

Their only other project in development is Factions 2 and this is in polishing stages - they only require a select group of staff to work on it no.

ND didn't want to make the remake, nor did Sony. But they have ended up in a position where the original studio has been taken off the project so it just logically make sense to let ND finish off the development instead of laying off staff that have nothing else to do.  



twintail said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Why?

There is no justification for remaking a recent game that's still fully playable on current platforms, so why waste time reading an article that tries to make excuses for what's just an attempted cash grab?

Because it comes across as ignorant.

The fact that you think the article attempts to justify the remake is pretty indicative of that ignorance.

I'm ignorant because I think wasting time and money remaking a game that's already good and widely available is a stupid idea? Jog on.



Ka-pi96 said:
twintail said:

Because it comes across as ignorant.

The fact that you think the article attempts to justify the remake is pretty indicative of that ignorance.

I'm ignorant because I think wasting time and money remaking a game that's already good and widely available is a stupid idea? Jog on.

Not what I said, but ok.