By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ultimate Console Showdown: 2021 |Completed|

It's interesting to see that PS4 and XBO are performing only marginally better in their first year after their successor's release than PS3/X360 in their second year post successor.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Pretty much copy/paste from the last 2 weeks.

I tink what is holding back the Switch is increasingly not demand, but the supply. In Japan, even the Lite is hard to find, and I feel like this is about to happen to other regions, too.

I think Switch will end up right around DS '07 numbers, maybe slightly under right around 29 mil.

With BotW2 they could have broken 30 mil this year, but with seemingly only Pokemon as the mega selling holiday title, and considering two pokemons have already come out and this is a remake and another one is coming out two months later, I think Pokemon alone won't have quite enough kick to push Switch for sure over DS '07 numbers or to 30 mil.

Really good match up, I think team DS takes it

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Really good match up, I think team DS takes it

I think it's not even dependent on how much Nintendo can sell, but rather how much they can produce, with several parts being in critical supply with the current  chip crunch.

As such, my take is: If the chip crunch eases fast enough, the Switch will win. If not, the DS will prevail.

Around the Network

Switch will be down until the OLED model hits the shelves. The question is how it goes from there.

Nice work, good to see some people keep track of sales trends.

I think Xbox Series beating Xbox 360's 2009 is a certainty at this point, but do you think it could beat Xbox 360's 2008 (11.16 million)?

My final predictions for 2021:

PS5 17.2M
Xbox 11.2M

yo33331 said:

Added PS5 vs NSW'18. Let's see if PS5 can break the 16M mark for the year.

Is it possible to add PS5 vs PS4'15 or PS4'16 as the numbers are really close too.