By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Retro game recommendation thread

Sonic 2 it's me speedrunning Chemical Plant , I'm a top 10 speedrunner worldwide in 2D sonic own a Few world records in 2D sonic mostly White Park act 1 in Sonic 4 episode 2 but the record is in sonic center not speedrun.com because I'm flexing not to add it in speedrun.com

this chemical plant is top 20 players ever, It's me flextastic :P

When I was 6 year old in early 1990's I found the airflight in 0:21 mark bouncing without touching the ground for 7 seconds I was a genius as a kid  sonic 2 emerald hill speedrun

Recommend Sonic 3 and knuckles speedrun go to 0:04 mark to witness sonic 3 speedrunner first world record holder player sprint god

Edit: laughing my sonic mania speedruns for studiopolis 1 for sonic is still top 5 world wide in sonic center that was 5 years ago , people still have trouble speedrunning all these years blushes

I really should get Sonic Origins collection and be top 10 players again and be top 2 players again in Sonic CD 2011 metallic madness act 1 like sonic center I am super speedrunner.

SEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGAAAAA!

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 26 April 2022

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

The Mortal Kombat imitator that's better than Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct.

Recommend Yoshi Story for N64, I unlocked these in the 90's

Kirby Crystal Shards, loved this game 

Mickey's Magical Quest, Loved Snow Valley super fun watch entire level

Looney Tunes Sheep Raider ps1 I highly recommend watching entire video it's my top 5 ps1 platformers

Majora's Mask N64 I gotten all the mask in the game I loved the sun mask

When I unlocked Fierce Diety Link back in 2001 I was amazed though I bought Majora's mask in 2000 launch year. watch entire video.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 30 April 2022

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

CaptainExplosion said:

The Mortal Kombat imitator that's better than Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct.

That reminds me, best PC beat-em up ever, One Must Fall 2097. Also one of the best beat-em up ever, period.

Did I mention that the game is absolutely free and has a thriving online community despite being 25 years old by now?

Super Ghouls and Ghost SNES stage 2 watch entire 5 minute video you'll be amazed, when I was 6 years old I played better than this guy in the 90's

Blur Tokyo level watch entire video that's how you play blur.

F Zero GX , Lightning Thunder road watch it recommend 

F Zero GX - Fire Field alternative watch entire video you want a new f zero on switch because of this video  like the one above but this more

Around the Network

I just played both my copies of Magic Knight Rayearth and Burning Rangers I am showing my unboxing instead the burning rangers unboxing video is too short so couldnt put it in vgchartz These games destroy alot of games they are up there with bulk slash. I understand JRPG abit , I would not recommend getting magic knight rayearth in japanese it's definitely jrpg but Burning Rangers japanese might not need english it's just gameplay so thats good.

What Microsoft brought to our lives is make shmups developer cave go all out with unlimited money to creat the last 2 masterpieces muchi muchi pork and dodonpachi saidouijou because sony aint funding cave to make such high quality shmups , hope cave is smart enough and ask microsoft to make an even better dodonpachi saidiaoujou 2 with probably 1/4 of a billion backing and have microsoft own the ip for such super star shmup .

I recommend getting Mushihimesama this is my favorite stage the music is too much

Recommend Dodonpachi Saidoujou go to 7:29 mark its addicting

Highly recommend Muchi Muchi pork, go to 2:33 It'll blow you away also watch upper left mark on muchi muchi pork

Posting today, Looks like the rest of USA and UK and certain parts of europe Facebook marketplace depending on city have been turned into a abomination I saw madden for SNES selling for 15$ the nerve of these sellers is unbound I know I said before California turned into hell on Facebook but the sellers seem to be toying and making more messed up things. Alot of them say brand new but you look at the pictures they opened . alot of reproduction  and alot of 105 in 1 game fakes. unreal . the sellers put the worst bundles known to man it says selling for 40$ but when you read description it's 60$ game 1 and 30 $ game 2 and 200$ game 3 . alot of scratched discs and poorly taken cared games in facebook the sellers in my area are evil laughing their ass off like other parts of USA. I can't for the rest of that place alot of them asking 20$ more than ebay price because they think you don't know how to use ebay? Facebook has monsters. I heard most of USA facebook is now a shit show not just california?

OOF

Facebook snakes doing to in my area too, selling mystery games bundle to stupid people. this youtuber spent $150 on mystery bundle for the masses not to do the same turns out the snakes keep coming up ways to trick the stupid reminds me of family guy weree peter griffin took the mystery box and not the boat for city compensation. peter griffen friends called him a sucker.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 05 May 2022

I highly highly advice you to never buy JRPG in Japanese or other languages you don't understand, you'll get lost frustrated and quit with regret, Ignore JRPG in Japan region get your JRPG in english instead. I saw a dumb youtuber buy a japanese copy of a JRPG he was confused of japanese writing he was running around like a headless chicken not knowing what to do because he doesn't read japanese, don't be this inept. Dont buy jrpg in japanese get your jrpg in english so you wouldn't look foolish in your time of gaming, same goes for an acclaimed action adventure game that requires more thought than point a to point b like imagine if majoras mask was japanese and you didn't know how to get all the mask or the sun mask it'll make you toss your controller because you couldnt understand which town to take to get certain mask in majoras mask thank goodness majora mask is in english and no. No n64 fan would buy majoras mask cib in japanese because it's cheap rather pay $250 for america majoras mask to not get lost in dialogues that make you react few minutes in 3 day countdown is a egregoius and frustrating. the only games worth getting in japanese are Shmups, Fighting games, and games like Bulk Slash point a to point b by help of arrow seen in page 1 of my gameplay and puzzle games and music games. I know japanese .

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 05 May 2022