By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Retro game recommendation thread

The True Lies game SNES page 7 still super funny

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

As many have, I would recommend the EarthBound (Mother) games. They're now on NSO.
I would recommend playing Beginnings first, even if you have to speed it up or sometimes use states. I still enjoyed it, but I played it last of the trilogy.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I found an amazing Michael Jackson game.

Michael Jackson Moonwalker arcade version , the 3 player is amazing and is way different than Sega Genesis version

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Uniracers SNES , Will never get ported because disney sued Nintendo

Best played in 2 player mode

Get Primal Rage Arcade version , don't get SNES/Genesis they are bad/suck get the Arcade cabinet version instead .

I extremely recommend watching the whole video this player is amazing especially the first stage and he unlocked critical lightning , arcade version port needs to happen even though I said no port begging but I really want this the frames are super fast while SNES is super slow bad port. Watch the video below 

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 06 March 2022

Around the Network

I recommend Glover from N64 it is being ported to PC , also go to 0:14 mark of video below that is some fun gameplay.

Fighting Bujutsu arcade

I had a Saturn with an Action Replay +. I still have Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining Force III.

Here's a retro recommendation. It was made in 1979.

Spindel said:
snyps said:

I could see where some parts would lose all challenge if you know the tricks. I like the original Metroid for the no handholding aspect too. I like when I get to figure stuff out. 

That is why the original Metroid is my favorite Metroid game. 

That is also why, in this day and age, if I ever designed a video game it would flop horribly. I can recognize that my preferences are niche.  

Your tastes are not actually as niche as you think.  Original Metroid was the best selling 2D Metroid for decades until the recent release of Metroid Dread.  Also, Metroid Dread just barely outsold it will a much higher user base.

Your tastes aren't niche, but the internet perception of Metroid is screwed up.