By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New State Of Play This Thursday!

I was not expecting much since they told us not to, but at least talk a bit about the biger titles.

Kena always good. Finally a date wich is good.

Returnal looks better and better with every trailer. Worth $70? That i still dont know.

At least for me nothing else was for my liking. Deathloop looks like trash I think. But who knows.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Otter said:

If I was Sony I would buy Ember Labs ASAP

Remember how hyped people were for We Happy Few and people cheered MS buying them? Then the game turned out to be complete shit. Maybe see results first before making posts like that. Not saying this will turn out bad. Looks good but you never know.

I honestly dont know what people saw in thouse trailers. At least to me they all looked pretty boring. If im not mistaken the hype was for the mature dark story that was supposed to be really good. But at the tie of the reviews I only remember the game being critized for its garbage world the same reused 5 npcs, bad combat system and buggy mess. But what exactly was the conclusion on the story? 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Leynos said:

Remember how hyped people were for We Happy Few and people cheered MS buying them? Then the game turned out to be complete shit. Maybe see results first before making posts like that. Not saying this will turn out bad. Looks good but you never know.

I honestly dont know what people saw in thouse trailers. At least to me they all looked pretty boring. If im not mistaken the hype was for the mature dark story that was supposed to be really good. But at the tie of the reviews I only remember the game being critized for its garbage world the same reused 5 npcs, bad combat system and buggy mess. But what exactly was the conclusion on the story? 

I was never interested. Saw the art style, got reminded of Bioshock. Another series I don't care about and tuned out.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

twintail said:
Tridrakious said:

They have sold nearly 6 million PS5s. Those people want to see new games that are only on PS5. By your logic, why even have a State of Play, they were doing better when they were just silent.

Not only are you doing my comment in bad faith (with some pretty weird logic to boot, but it sounds like you just didn't bother to read what the SOP was going to include.

Sony told you what to expect and thought there would be much more. That's on you dude.

It was a bad State of Play. No amount of downplaying will make it better. 

Tridrakious said:
twintail said:

Not only are you doing my comment in bad faith (with some pretty weird logic to boot, but it sounds like you just didn't bother to read what the SOP was going to include.

Sony told you what to expect and thought there would be much more. That's on you dude.

I wasn't downplaying anything.

I'm merely commenting on your our self created misunderstanding of what you expected from the SOP.

Around the Network
Tridrakious said:
twintail said:

I love my PS4. Got 100 retail games for it. So not hating on Sony, enjoy their systems a lot.  Has there been a good SoP? Ever since Sony went full western nothing they show is that interesting? Like I mentioned before they never have any surprises. ND's love to surprise. I can't remember any of the SoPs. I do remember Sony deleting the original video of the first one for having so many downvotes. They re-uploaded it and turned off likes.  I can remember specific directs. I already forgot this SoP outside of the bullshit Square pulled with FF7R. PS4 owners don't get a patch or the DLC. I need to spend $500 on a console no one can find so the game doesn't look like shit I guess. Textures never loaded in for me.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Kena trailer looks so beautiful

The animation and art style remind me DreamWorks movies like Hoe To Train Your Dragon

I'm really looking forward it

Leynos said:
Tridrakious said:

I love my PS4. Got 100 retail games for it. So not hating on Sony, enjoy their systems a lot.  Has there been a good SoP? Ever since Sony went full western nothing they show is that interesting? Like I mentioned before they never have any surprises. ND's love to surprise. I can't remember any of the SoPs. I do remember Sony deleting the original video of the first one for having so many downvotes. They re-uploaded it and turned off likes.  I can remember specific directs. I already forgot this SoP outside of the bullshit Square pulled with FF7R. PS4 owners don't get a patch or the DLC. I need to spend $500 on a console no one can find so the game doesn't look like shit I guess. Textures never loaded in for me.

I'm a huge Sony fan, trying to maintain expectations is one thing. Showing several sizzle reels that show next to nothing new...that's something else entirely.

There's so many games being worked on in the first party pipeline. They could have shown something or even announced the PSPlus games during the show. Whoever is in charge of putting these SoPs together, needs to be demoted or moved to a different project.

Tridrakious said:
Leynos said:

I'm a huge Sony fan, trying to maintain expectations is one thing. Showing several sizzle reels that show next to nothing new...that's something else entirely.

There's so many games being worked on in the first party pipeline. They could have shown something or even announced the PSPlus games during the show. Whoever is in charge of putting these SoPs together, needs to be demoted or moved to a different project.

The like to dislike ratio of the SOP seems to suggest that whoever is in charge does indeed know what they're doing.

So, I really wouldn't worry so much. Sony has not only in the last few years transitioned to a shorter showing and release window for some of their games, but covid has clearly messed up game production.

A lot of their content is probably moving around date wise so they don't feel it's necessary to show it off. 

Factions 2 is most likely a very small announcement to release window. 

Ratchet will have its own SOP soon. 

With games so far away it doesn't really matter if they show it off or not now. 

I personally liked this State of Play. There's a lot of negativity around the last few digital events from both Sony and Nintendo, but even though I wouldn't say they're outstanding, I found them all interesting to watch.

I have periods of social disconnection, it's a part of me that I need and keenly embrace. I'll still log in and read news and threads during those times, but I won't be (very) active on the site, so I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause (late answers, bumps or the like).

Also...

Please, feel free to correct my English.