By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New 50 minutes long Nintendo Direct tomorrow

couchmonkey said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

THERE ARE ONLY 2 POSSIBILITIES!!!!

1. Sega found the original code for Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Monolith is remaking it! Pikmin 4 Arlo Edition launches in May! BotW 2 launches next week! Master Chief in Smash! Silksong shadow drops, available now! Mario Kart 9 launches in June!

2. Here's 15 Minutes of a new Smash Character. Spending 20 minutes on games we already know about such as Rise, and Bravely Default II. Announcing seven "New" games for Nintendo Switch!

"New" Pikmin 1 and 2 Nintendo Switch Edition!
"New" Xenoblade Chronicles X Nintendo Switch Edition
"New" Skyward Sword Nintendo Switch Edition
"New" Port la Port Nintendo Switch Edition
"New" Nintendo Fanboy Apologetics Nintendo Switch Edition!

Please understand! BotW2 is delayed until 2022. Bayo 3 cancelled.

You forgot to cancel Metroid Prime 4!

Seriously, I expect more like #2, but with a short teaser for BotW 2 as there has been a trickle of tAlk about it lately. Not coming out first half, though....I think.

-_-

Nintendo actually performed worse than what we both predicted!. Aonuma got on stage and said "We might have some BotW2 footage to show you later this year.", which is code for "BotW2 isn't coming out in 2021." They only had one port to announce instead of three. I'm blown away!

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 17 February 2021

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
JWeinCom said:

Doesn't seem likely to happen. They at least have enough decent third party support to keep the momentum going, and the evergreen titles are still selling well. The first half of the year lineup isn't objectively bad, it's just weird that basically nothing is coming from Nintendo themselves.

You don't think remaking two SNES visual novels is resource-intensive?

Oh yeah, and Miitopia. I forgot about Miitopia. Which is probably unfair; was the 3DS game at all meaty? I literally don't know if the game had anything on its bones or not.

Mages (Jpn studio) made the remake with Nintendo supervision, I doubt this one was ressource intensive in the least for them. 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Japanese direct was better as they announced this. Looks like a massive improvement over the original. Series is from the creator of Persona. Just that first game was really rough with some nice ideas esp in combat but not executed that well.  The trailer alone in every way looks like a huge jump in gameplay/presentation and visuals. I hope a western release is not too far off. Winter at the earliest.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Just putting a sign for myself. Another month of another year, still no Pikmin 4 on sight.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Am I the only one who found it funny that The NINTENDO Switch of all places has a port of a SONY POCKETSTATION GAME?! For those who don't know Sony copied the Dreamcast Visual Memory Unit or VMU with the PocketStation. Released in Japan with the intention to release it in the US but never did. A couple of games in the US still supported it. FFVIII was the other.

So what game is coming to Switch that is a PocketStation game? The Legend of Mana mini-game that looked like an old LCD Tomagatchi kind of game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
noname2200 said:

Oh yeah, and Miitopia. I forgot about Miitopia. Which is probably unfair; was the 3DS game at all meaty? I literally don't know if the game had anything on its bones or not.

Mages (Jpn studio) made the remake with Nintendo supervision, I doubt this one was ressource intensive in the least for them. 

Huh, good to know even my flippant comment was wide of the mark. Thanks for the heads up!

Mar1217 said:
noname2200 said:

Nintendo trying to remaster a game: 

Nintendo trying to remake a game: 

Nintendo trying to make an open world game:

Nintendo trying to do basically anything: