By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS4 shipped less than 117.1M by June 30th 2023

If they never cut to $199 then I'm gonna say 119m. Just beats out Gameboy but had the potential for so much more. Sony really should have focused on getting it into more people's hands. I think it would still be profitable if they had cut to that in 2019. They would have locked even more people into their ecosystem getting Plus and Now and games. With PS5 being BC those cheap customers who are young many times would eventually upgrade and continue to bring in money.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

150mil

But seriously, I don't see it reaching 118mil anymore. It'll end up just short of that.

Norion said:

The PS3 did around 6 million 2014 onwards so if the PS4 can get close to that it'll get to 120M but with how it's declining more rapidly than the PS3 did I expect it to do a decent bit less than 6M from now until the end so I'll pick 118-120 and specifically 119M.

It seems 119m will be a bit high since they're gonna ship another million of them but another 1.2m afterwards probably isn't happening. The range should be correct at least.

Sony could release a super slim version, maybe even one without a disc drive and sell another 10-20 million units.