By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - notice There's a large gamepass fanbase Microosoft created , and the fanbase is spreading everywhere online most discord and other forums

Yasnooza on the list but no Slay the Spire? Trash list

Around the Network

Gamepass is pretty good. Really though, it depends on your particular circumstances. I had the december off, and played a ton of games. But... since I've had classes again, really haven't had the chance to play much at all and it's kind of a waste.

JWeinCom said:

Gamepass is pretty good. Really though, it depends on your particular circumstances. I had the december off, and played a ton of games. But... since I've had classes again, really haven't had the chance to play much at all and it's kind of a waste.

If you played the “ton of games” on GamePass, you probably saved more than enough money to pay for another full year of GamePass, right?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

And to be fair, GamePass (and the entire industry) had a rough time with COVID-19 basically ruining every planned release.
When a new Wolfenstein, Halo Infinite a new Forza, Fable, Starfield or other AAA games drop, GamePass will really take off. This is just the warmup.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
JWeinCom said:

If you played the “ton of games” on GamePass, you probably saved more than enough money to pay for another full year of GamePass, right?

But if I'm not going to get much use out of it for the next 6 months or so, why would I want to spend any money on Gamepass during that time period, regardless of how much I may have "saved" in other months?

Not trying to knock Gamepass, but it's not for everyone. Whether it's worth it for you is going to depend on what kinds of games you like and more importantly how much time you have to play games and how much money.

If I had infinite time, there are plenty of games I'd like to try on Gamepass, way more than enough to justify keeping my subscription. But, atm, time is more limited to me than money. If I'm only going to have time to play one or two games a month, I'd rather spend more so I can play games I really want to play.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
JWeinCom said:

But if I'm not going to get much use out of it for the next 6 months or so, why would I want to spend any money on Gamepass during that time period, regardless of how much I may have "saved" in other months?

Not trying to knock Gamepass, but it's not for everyone. Whether it's worth it for you is going to depend on what kinds of games you like and more importantly how much time you have to play games and how much money.

If I had infinite time, there are plenty of games I'd like to try on Gamepass, way more than enough to justify keeping my subscription. But, atm, time is more limited to me than money. If I'm only going to have time to play one or two games a month, I'd rather spend more so I can play games I really want to play.

This can be said about any subscription service.

If a user doesnt have the time to play at least 1 game on gamepass within a month no point in signing up for that month till you have the time.

Same with netflix etc dont have the time to watch a movie no point in signing up.

However if you are signed up and did find yourself playing even 1 game in that month then its paid for itself for that month.

If I have literally no time, then all subscription services will be equally useless. If I have some time though, then the subscription service may or may not be good depending on what's available. It's not that I don't have enough time to play games, it's that I'd rather use the time I do have to play stuff that's not on Gamepass. Hence why I cancelled my subscription for the time being. 

So, it's not just whether or not I have the time. It's a question of whether I have the time, and if I do, is there something else I'd rather be playing during that time to the extent that I'm willing to pay extra to be able to play that.