By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Will this M-ATX build overheat?

OneTime said:

Also, although this may have been high-end a few years ago, now it's just 16Gb RAM/512Gb SSD/1080 GTX which is pretty much an office PC.

I have 4th gen i5 and 1660ti and I play modern games at 1440p with high framerates. My office PC on the other hand has a cheap AMD APU.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
OneTime said:
Pemalite said:

16GB of Ram, 512GB SSD and a Geforce GTX 1080 is far from an "office PC". - It's still very capable at gaming, especially at 1440P.
Pascal still has life left in it yet.

I don't get the silly cooler placement, it's dumping hot air inside the case, but really a non-issue with that hardware.

When Nvidia get the next round of graphics cards into full production, eBay will be flooded with second-hand GTX 1080s.  The price will be very low soon... (and yeah, 16Gb/512 is mid-range office PC - certainly lower than what we get here).

An office PC would not be having a Geforce 1080 class GPU in it, ever.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts. I made a deal and got it for 925 AUD.

@shikamaru317

I bought it for the equivalent of about 700 USD which is a good value by Australian standards (if the condition is actually good). Everything is more expensive here it sucks man.

@vivster
Good to hear! I'll be using it to produce music, primarily covers. The GPU is a non factor as far as my audio wants are concerned; GTX 1060 will do for video editing and maybe the occasional 1080p online gaming (like Tekken 7).

Honestly, I think the build might be a bit of an overkill but I want to leave a sizeable headroom for software synthesizing (which can be CPU intensive) in the case I start feeling the limitations of my hardware synth some time in the future.

@ArchangelMadzz
It has a 2nd fan on the top, side vent, and another large vent on the bottom. I don't like the cooler's placement (or type for the matter) but hopefully it won't cause any major problems.