By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 2021 1st party and Exclusives Metacritic Prediction League

So, The Medium is sitting at a 72 meta currently, but we will wait and use the meta a week from now to give a chance for more reviews to come in.

I definitely overpredicted some, which isn't surprising. Bloober is a very difficult developer to predict metas for as they are very hit and miss as a developer. Their horror game metas range from:

Observer- 86 Xbox (which is the highest rated platform)
Layers of Fear- 78 Xbox (80 on Switch, which is the highest rated platform)
Blair Witch- 67 Xbox (69 PC, which is the highest rated platform)
Layers of Fear 2- 63 Xbox (70 PC, which is the highest rated platform)

With such a wide range it was hard to predict The Medium. I was hoping that it would be at least as good as Layers of Fear 1, which is why I went with 78, afterall The Medium is their highest budget game ever and there was alot of hype for it thanks to the Silent Hill composers involvement and such. Seems like they dissapointed a bit though, which is a shame. At least it reviewed better than Blair Witch and Layers of Fear 2 though, it's still their 3rd highest rated horror game.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 27 January 2021

Around the Network

MechWarrior 5 - 71

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Huh, little high on the Medium prediction, but it looks like it’ll land above 70. At least it’s a good game

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Psychonauts 2 - 82
Grounded - 71
Flight Simulator - 91
Halo Infinite - 84
MechWarrior 5 - 68
CrossFireX - 77
Hello Neighbor 2 - 56
Scorn - 82
Tunic - 76
Warhammer 40k: Darktide - 78

Missed The Medium prediction, but whatever

P.S. Why not use OpenCritic? It is platform-independent

derpysquirtle64 said:

Psychonauts 2 - 82
Grounded - 71
Flight Simulator - 91
Halo Infinite - 84
MechWarrior 5 - 68
CrossFireX - 77
Hello Neighbor 2 - 56
Scorn - 82
Tunic - 76
Warhammer 40k: Darktide - 78

Missed The Medium prediction, but whatever

P.S. Why not use OpenCritic? It is platform-independent

Last year we ran both a meta and opencritic prediction league as I recall. If somebody else wants to run an opencritic one they can. I went with Meta specifically because opencritic lumps platforms together, the same game can review very differently on PC and Xbox due to optimization issues or just different critic pools, can make a prediction difficult on soime games. 

Around the Network

Updated the leaderboard with the points for The Medium. Still have no idea when the next of these games will release sadly. MS badly needs to do an inside Xbox with some release dates and windows soon. The only ones of these games that we even have release windows for currently are Halo Infinite (2nd half), Flight Simulator (Summer), and MechWarrior 5 (1st half).

I should have only received 1 point for The Medium, I was way off.

Off by 19.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 14 February 2021

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

I should have only received 1 point for The Medium, I was way off.

Off by 19.

Whoops, you're right, I read your 90 as an 80 somehow. Fixed.

@shikamaru317 if me and Ryuu both predicted 74, how comes we have different points?? Am I missing something lol.

Wheel me out to the curb for garbage day

VersusEvil said:

@shikamaru317 if me and Ryuu both predicted 74, how comes we have different points?? Am I missing something lol.

Typo when I was doing the math I'm guessing, hit 4 on the keyboard instead of 3 when I was doing the difference column, which then screwed up the points. Fixed now.