By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Data Analysis: JAN Update (PS5 has the 5th best First January)

If Sony can't manufacture more than they are doing now, they won't be reaching any new milestones quickly. This is going to be a tough year for all new platforms.

Around the Network
Tridrakious said:

If Sony can't manufacture more than they are doing now, they won't be reaching any new milestones quickly. This is going to be a tough year for all new platforms.

Yes it will most likely come down to the second half of the year, inline with Lisa Su's statement that we will not see the effects of increased production till then.      So it then comes down to how beneficial that is for weekly sales numbers, and will it be enough to make up for the first half .

mjk45 said:
Tridrakious said:

Yes it will most likely come down to the second half of the year, inline with Lisa Su's statement that we will not see the effects of increased production till then.      So it then comes down to how beneficial that is for weekly sales numbers, and will it be enough to make up for the first half .

There is certainly going to be some pressure on the performance of the second half of the year for sure. Sony and Microsoft need to line out what's going to be hitting in the crucial September to December time frame.

dmillos said:

Bonus question: Will PS5 be able to sell more  than the Wii on January (1.3M)?.

Here is the first big sign of the sales power of the PS5. Up to now it is selling everything it ships, so if it is able to produce at least 300k units each week, then 1.2M should be well within its range of possibilities. This can be a photo finish.

Why was the Thread Bet cancelled?

Sony has a major issue on their hands. Stocks (in the States) are awful, and that doesn't appear to be getting better anytime soon. I expect sales to stay low and frankly it has to be hurting game sales. I've personally been buying a ton of Switch games, because I can't even come close to scoring a ps5.

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:

Why was the Thread Bet cancelled?

Unfortunately no one won, so I just decided to cancel it. that way no one would lose money. Due to the stock shortages it was a big gamble, not much educated analysis could be made, so I cancelled it. I just thought that this way everyone could get their money back for next time, and no one would be affected negatively. Sorry for not notifying everyone before.