By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Data Analysis: OCT Update (PS5 Second best console after 12 Months)

Scalpers continue to kill inventory here and I continue to be patient. I'm not paying a dime over retail.

I'm still in the camp people need to stop providing incentive to scalpers.

Around the Network

Sales still only depend on supplies, when production will meet demand we'll be able to see some on shelves and online stores. Any prediction still depends only on Sony.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Another 40k taken off the lead, though I have heard a few people mention there is finally stock available in some places this past week, so maybe week 11 will be be another loss for the PS5 but will be able to take a win for week 12.

HigHurtenflurst said:

Another 40k taken off the lead, though I have heard a few people mention there is finally stock available in some places this past week, so maybe week 11 will be be another loss for the PS5 but will be able to take a win for week 12.

Hi @HigHurtenflurst as always you were right, there was a shift in week 11 with this new stock available. 

I have updated the weekly graph to reflect the new updates made by trunks of the weekly sales. The graph looks quite different now.

So, in march the PS4 launched in Japan with 300K, or is that accounted for in a way I'm not seeing. I'm just suggesting that the PS5 will be down for the better part of the first year, on a week by week basis due to this.

Around the Network
badskywalker said:

So, in march the PS4 launched in Japan with 300K, or is that accounted for in a way I'm not seeing. I'm just suggesting that the PS5 will be down for the better part of the first year, on a week by week basis due to this.

Thank you @badskywalker for pointing this out. I just checked and on week 15 we will see the bump of the ps4 in Japan. This means that it will get a huge lift (it sold 445k that week ending in Feb 22). Like you said, this will probably make it hard for the PS5 to surpass the ps4 any time soon.

Ah nice, was gonna check if you had an update... so the downward adjustment means PS5 is already behind, and unlikely to catch up in the 3 weeks left before PS4 Japan launch (would need ~200k per week to close the gap)

I wonder if supply is going to be a steady number per week or if it's going to be up & down as different shipments come in.... Either way the chip shortage isn't doing Sony (or MS) any favours right now.

Hi everyone, here is the Profile for January year 1. It is still a limited month in terms of stock, but the numbers are still interesting.

Key Highlights:

1) PS5 is only behind 3 consoles month aligned after 3 months.

2) PS4 is now ahead of the PS5 by only 141K units.

3) PS5 had the 5th best first January, this is an impressive result given how limited the stock is.

4) Next month the all time record is 900K units, Can the PS5 find the inventory to set a new record?

Continuing with the PS4 vs PS5 weekly comparison, this week was slightly in favor of the PS5. It is now the second consecutive week ahead of the PS4

The gap is still a little bit in favor of the PS4, the PS5 should be able to shrink this lead the next two weeks.

PS4 VS PS5 Gap Chart (PS4 leads by 142K)

After 13 Weeks, PS5 seems to start accelerating. 

There is a bit of a storm up ahead for the PS5 as PS4 sees it's japan launch on week 15.

The gap is still in favor of the PS4 by 121K units.