By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to Acquire Next Level Games

curl-6 said:

I would love to see them buy Playtonic and get them to make the next Donkey Kong Country.

I would love them to buy them too, but to develop Donkey Kong 64 sequel!

Or a more fully funded sequel to Yooka Kaylee. That game has such good bones but you can tell where their budget was short.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
curl-6 said:

I would love to see them buy Playtonic and get them to make the next Donkey Kong Country.

Or a more fully funded sequel to Yooka Kaylee. That game has such good bones but you can tell where their budget was short.

If only they had the backing that Super Mario Odyssey had.

CaptainExplosion said:
Dulfite said:

Exactly! They've demonstrated what they can do with kickstarter-level money, now I want to see what they can do with AAA budget.

Dulfite said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Exactly! They've demonstrated what they can do with kickstarter-level money, now I want to see what they can do with AAA budget.

Imagine Yooka-Laylee with a bigger variety of enemies and particle effects that won't cause slowdown! ^^

Azzanation said:
curl-6 said:

Well, as a Nintendo fan obviously I'd rather they be under my preferred company's umbrella haha.

Retro can't seem to make a damn thing these days and they're already tasked with Metroid Prime 4.

It would also make sense to fall under Nintendo however i just don't think Nintendo have anything for them to work on outside DKC. Microsoft house all their IPs and it would be only fitting to see the OG Devs retire making one more Banjo or Conker game. I am wishful thinking here. Either way, it would be a good outcome for Playtonic.

The first Yooka Laylee I thought was decent but uneven, so I'm not super sold on them doing a new Banjo or Conker, but Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair was superb, and very similar to DKC, which is why I'd feel more confident in them handling that.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Azzanation said:

It would also make sense to fall under Nintendo however i just don't think Nintendo have anything for them to work on outside DKC. Microsoft house all their IPs and it would be only fitting to see the OG Devs retire making one more Banjo or Conker game. I am wishful thinking here. Either way, it would be a good outcome for Playtonic.

The first Yooka Laylee I thought was decent but uneven, so I'm not super sold on them doing a new Banjo or Conker, but Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair was superb, and very similar to DKC, which is why I'd feel more confident in them handling that.

It might be the only chance of the Kremlings being the main villains again.

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

I can see a Banjo Kazooie styled DK game, i think that would be awesome and adds another dimension to the IP.

Azzanation said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I can see a Banjo Kazooie styled DK game, i think that would be awesome and adds another dimension to the IP.

Yes! I loved DK64 and have always wanted a sequel to it! But with more of a budget than Yooka Laylee got.

Dulfite said:
Azzanation said:

Yes! I loved DK64 and have always wanted a sequel to it! But with more of a budget than Yooka Laylee got.

That would be great, how would you feel if they made a new Banjo Kazooie game that plays like DKC?

Azzanation said:
Dulfite said:

That would be great, how would you feel if they made a new Banjo Kazooie game that plays like DKC?

I'd love that too! I just love the silly nature of the games with the fantastic music. Retro Studio's Tropical Freeze had amazing music as well.